Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melco arrives tonight !
So a full 8 months of my AIR frustrations ends tonight. My dealer is installing the Melco N1A, and I have to admit I feel a bit like a kid at Xmas Big Grin
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(04-Nov-2015, 18:27)Womaz Wrote: So a full 8 months of my AIR frustrations ends tonight. My dealer is installing the Melco N1A, and I have to admit I feel a bit like a kid at Xmas  Big Grin

Congrats! I'm sure you'll be over the moon with it.  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(04-Nov-2015, 18:34)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(04-Nov-2015, 18:27)Womaz Wrote: So a full 8 months of my AIR frustrations ends tonight. My dealer is installing the Melco N1A, and I have to admit I feel a bit like a kid at Xmas  Big Grin

Congrats! I'm sure you'll be over the moon with it.  Smile

Guillaume

... well you won't be up in the AIR with it ...    Undecided
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Thanks guys.
I now honestly think I am jinxed. Lumin updated their app today and no longer works with the Melco.

So having to use Kinsky and it's not really functioning either. Adding an album to play and it's only playing one track.......ggggggrrrrrr off to the Linn website.

Plus point is it sounds great so needing to find a suitable app for the I lad
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Good to read it sounds great. So the problem with the highs is solved?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I think they are still there , too early to say to be honest but it sounds as good as AIR if not better.
Also loud, having to listen at lower volume setting

Main concern is a decent app to use
We'll read about it in a few days then.

Happy listening
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
First impressions are very good, definitely a fuller bass and more spacious sound.

Now to that app ?
If you have a android device you could give bubbles DS next a try.

When I was using Jplay streamer I used this app, I liked it a lot.

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
And congrats it has arrived
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark