Poll: Does Devialet Chat need more moderation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
11.76%
6 11.76%
No
88.24%
45 88.24%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moderation poll
Do you think Devialet Chat needs more moderation?
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
'Need' is a big word. The streamer board thread did get out of hand a bit once Roon over AIR was announced but seems to have solved itself. Most threads are doing ok too.
Let's say there's room for moderation.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I don´t think so.
I´m very new around here, but i feel that the older ones are a good influence for newcomers, the rest depends on the education of each one.
In the end, there´s a natural selection.
The moderation we have is enough, i guess.
I voted yes, but as per Pim, it's more like 'could be useful' rather than 'needs'.

To be clear, by moderation I don't mean hardcore moderators popping up everywhere and killing the sites unique style, just a bit of help keeping things tidy - merging, moving, splitting topics etc.

I would personally vote for a slight reshuffle of categories too and maybe some subcategories - updated over time to capture the 'hot topics of the month/year. Beyond the scope here though.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(17-Jul-2017, 11:56)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I voted yes,  but as per Pim, it's more like 'could be useful' rather than 'needs'.

To be clear, by moderation I don't mean hardcore moderators popping up everywhere and killing the sites unique style, just a bit of help keeping things tidy - merging, moving, splitting topics etc.

I would personally vote for a slight reshuffle of categories too and maybe some subcategories - updated over time to capture the 'hot topics of the month/year.  Beyond the scope here though.

Hi Hifi_swlon, could you make some suggestions re the reshuffle/reorganisation of categories?

Thanks

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I voted no on the basis that I don't think it is required. We are fortunate enough to have well behaved members and that, even when they are divergence of opinions, discussions are remaining informative, polite and do not turn into flame wars nor trolls.

Splitting, tidying and maintaining topics in the background would not hurt, but this is a lot of efforts and investment from the moderating people.

Last but not least, I end up consulting the forum not based on topics and it's organization but using either the 'view New posts' or 'view today's posts' options, hence my low prioritization of reorganizing the forum.

Best regards and thank you all for this forum.

Jean-Marie Calmel
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I voted no.

Regarding the structure, I think less sub forums world be better, not more. I think a lot of the multiple threads for the same thing are because people don't think the same.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
More self-moderation would be lovely, and if anyone wants to more-actively moderate that's great, but I don't find it necessary.
(17-Jul-2017, 12:22)Jean-Marie Wrote: I voted no on the basis that I don't think it is required. We are fortunate enough to have well behaved members and that, even when they are divergence of opinions, discussions are remaining informative, polite and do not turn into flame wars nor trolls.

Splitting, tidying and maintaining topics in the background would not hurt, but this is a lot of efforts and investment from the moderating people.

Last but not least, I end up consulting the forum not based on topics and it's organization but using either the 'view New posts' or 'view today's posts' options, hence my low prioritization of reorganizing the forum.

Jean-Marie Calmel

Excellent post and I agree that the quiet moderation currently deployed so far is the preferred way forward. 

Just be thankful that we have a forum which bears no resemblance to the moderated forums of WBF, PF and HFW. 

Tidying up is a prolonged and thankless task - and maybe the best way is just to leave things as they are OR put threads not used for two years into an archive slot, accessible but not part of general threads.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(17-Jul-2017, 15:58)IanG-UK Wrote:
(17-Jul-2017, 12:22)Jean-Marie Wrote: I voted no on the basis that I don't think it is required. We are fortunate enough to have well behaved members and that, even when they are divergence of opinions, discussions are remaining informative, polite and do not turn into flame wars nor trolls.

Jean-Marie Calmel

Excellent post and I agree that the quiet moderation currently deployed so far is the preferred way forward. 

Just be thankful that we have a forum which bears no resemblance to the moderated forums of WBF, PF and HFW. 

Tidying up is a prolonged and thankless task - and maybe the best way is just to leave things as they are OR put threads not used for two years into an archive slot, accessible but not part of general threads.

I refrained from asking this but cannot really resist ... Jean-Marie, in your photograph you bear a resemblance to the other Devialet Calmel but maybe that name is fairly common in France?

This from a Yorkshireman where we are known as being insular and blunt!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England