Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Munich Show 18-21 May
(20-May-2017, 11:45)Confused Wrote:
(20-May-2017, 11:29)Chris Marshall Wrote: Shame about Devialet, really don't understand why they're not there.

My spies tell me that Devialet are very busy having further discussions regarding streamer boards and NDA's with the Roon guys.  Over a nice plate of foie gras, of course.

Now that would be terrific news to me, and many others using ROON! Hope the foie gras is not being taken with a "pinch of salt" - a nice glass of Chablis would be better Big Grin.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
The Roon guys are there at Munich. I really, really hope they have had a visit!

Even if we don't get RAAT, I hope the beta AIR implementation in Roon is sanctioned.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
If Devialet are there, maybe they could drop in on MQA as well :-)
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
I was at the show on Friday. What I thought was most interesting was a discussion I had with Merging Technologies and their demo of ethernet connection via Ravenna protocol. Drivers are existing for windows, MacOS and Linux. http://www.merging.com/news/news-stories...unich-2017
I am now convinced that this technology is far superior to USB (and Wifi). I hope Devialet is recognizing that too and will incorporate Ravenna ethernet in the streamer board!!!!!!
CAD was also demoing their ground controls CG1/3 connected to their servers, DACs etc. Their system sounded quite more musical when connected. I thought pricing was considering what is (a simple filter) very high.
(21-May-2017, 17:05)Music or sound Wrote: I was at the show on Friday. What I thought was most interesting was a discussion I had with Merging Technologies and their demo of ethernet connection via Ravenna protocol. Drivers are existing for windows, MacOS and Linux.  http://www.merging.com/news/news-stories...unich-2017
I am now convinced that this technology is far superior to USB (and Wifi).  I hope Devialet is recognizing that too and will incorporate Ravenna ethernet in the streamer board!!!!!!
CAD was also demoing their ground controls CG1/3 connected to their servers, DACs etc. Their system sounded quite more musical when connected. I thought pricing was considering what is (a simple filter) very high.

Thank you for your post. ZMAN looks interesting !!   Smile
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
It was so nice to meet you guys.

First a big sorry to IanG-UK as I'd an appointment to play my modded D200 (and invited him) at a booth but they'd actually had no time when we came there. So me and my friends went further on and listened to the 'First Voice' speakers talking to Jean-Francois Richard. Very nice guys there actually. The speakers were very special and performed a very realistic precise stage.
As I was walking with the Devialet Bag over my shoulder Jean ask me if I wanted to listen to the First Voice speakers through my Devialet. What a lucky man I was. In a few minutes I set up my Notebook, my new USB cable and the Devialet. Unfortunately I couldn't plug in my new power cable as the cable manufacturer 'Absolue Creation' provided their cables at this booth...but hey I'll take what I can get  Wink

The first seconds playing I noticed at once that my modded D200 would have a hard time to perform his best on the fair. Ok it was out of the cold but the quality of the power net is so bad on the fair that you can not honestly say if an amp originally has a bad (digital) sound signature in its performance or if it's induced by the power net.
As I know that my D200 has not the slightest amount of digital signature in its sound I instantly knew that this signature I was hearing was induced by the power net/power cables (my notebook running on battery). What a pity. But anyway I now have the proof how difficult it really is to get an audio system performing at it's best on a fair. You have to look for clean and pure power first before anything else. So maybe there is a better time next time  Angel

gui

p.s. Jean was actually impressed by the performance of the D200 because he heard a Dxxx several times before with different speakers and didn't like the D's so much because of 'pushing to much forward to his ears' (ok that's the best I can translate his words...a french speaking english to a german  Big Grin) But he said it was nothing similar with this modded D200. It sounds completely different (for the better  Tongue ) It is very natural and fast but 'not killing his ears'. I was lucky again despite this nasty digital signature I was hearing from my D.
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
(26-May-2017, 16:58)yabaVR Wrote: It was so nice to meet you guys.

First a big sorry to IanG-UK as I'd an appointment to play my modded D200 (and invited him) at a booth but they'd actually had no time when we came there. So me and my friends went further on and listened to the 'First Voice' speakers talking to Jean-Francois Richard. Very nice guys there actually. The speakers were very special and performed a very realistic precise stage.
As I was walking with the Devialet Bag over my shoulder Jean ask me if I wanted to listen to the First Voice speakers through my Devialet. What a lucky man I was. In a few minutes I set up my Notebook, my new USB cable and the Devialet. Unfortunately I couldn't plug in my new power cable as the cable manufacturer 'Absolue Creation' provided their cables at this booth...but hey I'll take what I can get  Wink

The first seconds playing I noticed at once that my modded D200 would have a hard time to perform his best on the fair. Ok it was out of the cold but the quality of the power net is so bad on the fair that you can not honestly say if an amp originally has a bad (digital) sound signature in its performance or if it's induced by the power net.
As I know that my D200 has not the slightest amount of digital signature in its sound I instantly knew that this signature I was hearing was induced by the power net/power cables (my notebook running on battery). What a pity. But anyway I now have the proof how difficult it really is to get an audio system performing at it's best on a fair. You have to look for clean and pure power first before anything else. So maybe there is a better time next time  Angel

gui

p.s. Jean was actually impressed by the performance of the D200 because he heard a Dxxx several times before with different speakers and didn't like the D's so much because of 'pushing to much forward to his ears' (ok that's the best I can translate his words...a french speaking english to a german  Big Grin) But he said it was nothing similar with this modded D200. It sounds completely different (for the better  Tongue ) It is very natural and fast but 'not killing his ears'. I was lucky again despite this nasty digital signature I was hearing from my D.
Hi,
I can't find anything on the 'net regarding First Voice speakers, All I can find is Living Voice. Do you have any more info? 

Cheers,

Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(27-May-2017, 02:43)Axel Wrote:

gui

Hi,
I can't find anything on the 'net regarding First Voice speakers, All I can find is Living Voice. Do you have any more info? 

Cheers,

Alex.

Sure, it's http://www.firstvoice-audio.com/pages/pr...atine.html. (I think it's a french only site)

They also build this massiv turntable which sounded very good to me...but I'm not into vinyl, so that's just an vague opinion of me.

gui
berlin
(27-May-2017, 08:43)yabaVR Wrote:
(27-May-2017, 02:43)Axel Wrote:

gui

Hi,

Cheers,

Alex.

Sure, it's http://www.firstvoice-audio.com/pages/pr...atine.html. (I think it's a french only site)

They also build this massiv turntable which sounded very good to me...but I'm not into vinyl, so that's just an vague opinion of me.

gui

So was this the speaker you played your modded D200 thru ?

[Image: nyeg0l.jpg]
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(27-May-2017, 14:14)audio_engr Wrote:
(27-May-2017, 08:43)yabaVR Wrote:
(27-May-2017, 02:43)Axel Wrote: Hi,

Cheers,

Alex.

gui

So was this the speaker you played your modded D200 thru ?

[Image: nyeg0l.jpg]

Yes, exactly Wink .
berlin