Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Munich Show 18-21 May
Hi there, this is my first post Smile The strange looking speakers above are actually a twisted and 15 x more expensive version of a more traditional 2 way bookshelf kit EURUS 1.0 by Atohm, that I own and happily listen every day plugged on my newly acquired D200 (see the link in my signature).
I wish I can go to Munich Show next year, definitely the biggest here in Europe ! So strange Devialet was a no show.
 Roon Air / convolution HAF / Devialet Expert D200/ DIY power and speakers cable / DIY Speakers Atohm EURUS 1.0 + DIY active SW 
(30-May-2017, 17:58)Alec_eiffel Wrote: Hi there, this is my first post Smile The strange looking speakers above are actually a twisted and 15 x more expensive version of a more traditional 2 way bookshelf kit EURUS 1.0 by Atohm, that I own and happily listen every day plugged on my newly acquired D200 (see the link in my signature).
I wish I can go to Munich Show next year, definitely the biggest here in Europe ! So strange Devialet was a no show.

Hi, and welcome to Devialet Chat!
You made a nice job of the speaker build. What function does the large box under the speakers have?  I can see what looks like a port on the big box, but I can't see any drivers.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(31-May-2017, 01:16)Axel Wrote:
(30-May-2017, 17:58)Alec_eiffel Wrote: Hi there, this is my first post Smile The strange looking speakers above are actually a twisted and 15 x more expensive version of a more traditional 2 way bookshelf kit EURUS 1.0 by Atohm, that I own and happily listen every day plugged on my newly acquired D200 (see the link in my signature).

Hi, and welcome to Devialet Chat!
You made a nice job of the speaker build. What function does the large box under the speakers have?  I can see what looks like a port on the big box, but I can't see any drivers.

Thank you. The box is here to support the speakers. The space between the support and the speakers is the "laminar" part of the bass reflex port. 

One day I'll add an amp and subs for extreme bass extension according to this Atohm design . I actually picked up the D200 for this purpose because it had Stereo PRE-OUT (many high end integrated DAC+amps I tried did not, or had only a mono Sub out).

At the moment I live in a flat in an old building, my neighbours are nice but probably not ready for >100 dB SPL @ 23 Hz... I therefore turned the support into a Helmoltz resonator to lower the room main mode at 55Hz, it works quite well in my otherwise untreated living room (low WAF...). The port you see is the resonator's tunable port, made of PVC pipe an fitting Smile.
 Roon Air / convolution HAF / Devialet Expert D200/ DIY power and speakers cable / DIY Speakers Atohm EURUS 1.0 + DIY active SW