Mutec MC-3+ USB
(07-Mar-2016, 17:12)Antoine Wrote: @Hifi_swlon, I've read the prices are/were:

AFIS incl. USB: 1980
AFIS: 1770
AFI-USB: 980
AFI: 640
AFI without PLL: 580

Source: http://www.aktives-hoeren.de/viewtopic.p...10#p106610

Edit; all in EUR, not sure if tax/VAT is included.
Edit2: these prices are excluding VAT, add 19% if in the EU.

The price for the AFI-USB is 1'170 EUR incl VAT for EU.
You need to add 50 EUR for the Ethercon-AES/EBU cable.

The price for the AFIS-USB is 1'980 EUR incl VAT for EU.
Same additional cost for external connections.
Antoine,

But regarding the price, is it just OUCH! Undecided .... or is it OUCH... OOOHHHH- AAAHHHHH! Cool
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
Don't think I fully understand the subtleties in English here. Smile

It's is always relative and subjective. The Mutec MC-3+ USB costs €1015 here in NL. I think the price of, at least, the AFI-USB is fair. So for me it might be a "nice...whooo-hoo!" If it sounds great and even better than the Mutec. Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(08-Mar-2016, 20:32)Antoine Wrote: Don't think I fully understand the subtleties in English here. Smile

It's is always relative and subjective. The Mutec MC-3+ USB costs €1015 here in NL. I think the price of, at least, the AFI-USB is fair. So for me it might be a "nice...whooo-hoo!" If it sounds great and even better than the Mutec. Wink

I'm not sure I do either Wink

So are you testing the AFI-USB? Smile

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

And you are a Brit like Teddlesdee, so it's not me then! Smile

Currently I'm reading the long thread about the AFI(S) at the "Aktives Hoeren" forum here http://www.aktives-hoeren.de/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6458

(Not that I have the time at work but it's completely NSFW as 'hoeren' means hookers in Dutch. Big Grin)

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'll try one yet but am interested in it for now. I guess I'll decide after reading the whole thread and other "research". I'm at page 5 now and it goes slow due to the language barrier. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(08-Mar-2016, 22:30)Antoine Wrote: And you are a Brit like Teddlesdee, so it's not me then! Smile

Currently I'm reading the long thread about the AFI(S) at the "Aktives Hoeren" forum here http://www.aktives-hoeren.de/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6458

(Not that I have the time at work but it's completely NSFW as 'hoeren' means hookers in Dutch. Big Grin)

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'll try one yet but am interested in it for now. I guess I'll decide after reading the whole thread and other "research". I'm at page 5 now and it goes slow due to the language barrier. Smile

Hi Antoine,

If you want to speed up the process, you might want to concentrate on the answers given by Acousence CEO, who is the brain behind the products. He has extensive experience in studio recording, and makes some interesting comments about the MC-3+ (without USB) in connection with 10 MHz clock.

http://www.aktives-hoeren.de/search.php?...hor_id=105
Hi SwissBear, thanks and yes his posts are most valuable. But his posts are also the longest and of the most technical nature. Smile I'll get there, even without translator in which a lot gets lost. If it were in French or any other language besides Dutch or English I would fail though.

The Netherlands
(08-Mar-2016, 23:12)Antoine Wrote: Hi SwissBear, thanks and yes his posts are most valuable. But his posts are also the longest and of the most technical nature. Smile I'll get there, even without translator in which a lot gets lost. If it were in French or any other language besides Dutch or English I would fail though.

I agree, Google Translator is really bad when it comes to translating from German :-). But this is for me a good exercise to try and read in German without translator... Useless to mention that I could not read in Dutch either...

The next step, i.e. deciding which way to go, will be an interesting technical bet any way :-). Between the µ-rendu and the AFI-USB, if you add the price of a good LPSU to the price of the µ-rendu, the two products will be very close. So the decision will be based on listening in the best case, or on others' listening in the worst case. Interesting...
Hi folks.

I did some homework meanwhile.

As some will know I have got myself a custom made PSU for my JPlay servers. This PSU has got an extra 6,0 Volt rail for the MUTEC MC3+USB as well. This proved to be a good idea as the MC-3+USB with linear power sonds much better than with its standard switching PSU.

Now I am about to get some MC3+USB made with a linear PSU.

I wonder if somebody is interested to join in as we need some orders prior to the start of the purchase / production.

Please note: right now only a 230/240 Volt version is planned!

To avoid spamming this thread I suggest you send me a PM if you need further details.

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan
Hello again.

Now that I did the first purchase of components I have a few MUTEC MC-3+USB standard version in my hands. As I was forced to buy some more of those to get a good price I am willing to share this benefit with the members of this forum. I can offer the MC-3+USB for Euro 900,- including german VAT.

If of interest please send me a PM.

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan