Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Phantom voyage
I can add a second endorsement for the puffin. I’ve had one for about a year now and find it not only easy and simple to use but also with an excellent match between my rega 8/ apehta 3 and two golds. The support from parks is great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The sale of two Phantom I 108 dB left a bit of cash burning in my pocket, and I couldn't resist buying these two beauties.
Say hello to Gerrard the Garrard, accompanied by a SME 312s.

And Sonny the Sony with a PUA-237 tonearm.

With an idler drive, belt drive and direct drive turntable, I'm guaranteed a foot in each turntable camp. Good times!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
The DD player has received a long over due spring clean. It sounds much better now when I listen with my eyes. 

And finally, something Devialet related is on its way. Stay tuned.
My Phantom Voyage
Sweet.... Is it a Dione or an Arch? time will tell I guess.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Those are beauties. Love gear from back when. I was really into monster receivers as well. Devialet on the way?! I just shared my recent acquisition of duo Phantoms. I’ll live vicariously through you!
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i
(04-May-2022, 07:07)Jean-Marie Wrote: Sweet.... Is it a Dione or an Arch? time will tell I guess.

Neither I'm afraid, but I was very tempted as the local Devialet dealer had almost 20% off on the whole store, including everything from Devialet, a couple of weeks ago. Free shipping included and the excellent Norwegian consumer rights. I do regret not pulling the trigger but my money tree has died due to excessive harvesting and I've sold all my neighbour's valuables. Frustrating to have to earn money by actually working.
My Phantom Voyage
(04-May-2022, 23:48)supaDean Wrote: Those are beauties. Love gear from back when. I was really into monster receivers as well. Devialet on the way?! I just shared my recent acquisition of duo Phantoms. I’ll live vicariously through you!

Thanks! It's been a long bumpy road for the SL1000, and it's not over yet. I'm still waiting for the EPA-100mk2 tonearm. It was damaged under transport after over two years of waiting for it to be fixed. So now it's back in the US for the fourth time and ETA is this decade. Patience is a virtue. 
Congratulations on your new Phantoms! They suit your living room perfectly and I can imagine they sound splendid! 
Regarding the new Devialet stuff coming, it's not very exciting, but worth a line or two here. More tomorrow come.
My Phantom Voyage
At last! 
Devialet has finally released a repair service for the Phantom! Long time overdue. The bad news is that I'm out of business. The commander and chief is very happy though. Can't blame her.
My Phantom Voyage
Long time, no see. Last incoming Devialet stuff was a total disaster and not worth mentioning here, but thankfully new bargains occur, and one is approaching the high north in a couple of days. Stay tuned!
My Phantom Voyage
The Gemini is back! 

Still buggy software and probably quite bad battery life, but now the price is more reasonable, so the shortcomings doesn't hurt that much, hopefully. 

Time will show if it's a keeper. 

The last Phantom I 108 dB has left the den, and my better half is very happy. She liked the sound but disliked the look. Some screw holes remain and I suggested covering them up with a 85" TV. The commander and chief did not concur, unfortunately. 

Oh, I forgot to mention; another Devialet related project is sitting in a box waiting patiently for me to finish my my other projects.
My Phantom Voyage