Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New App?
(28-Jul-2019, 06:01)fgleason Wrote:
(27-Jul-2019, 21:19)Eggman Wrote: Ohhhhh, how I would love to lose the Dialog. One fewer plug, one fewer box on top of my other boxes, two fewer ethernet cords... heaven. It would be delivering on the minimalist promise of the Phantom experience. I just hope any Dialog-killing app works with my Golds.

Clearly you do not own any Reactors.

Correct. Which is why I said Golds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(28-Jul-2019, 06:07)Eggman Wrote:
(28-Jul-2019, 06:01)fgleason Wrote:
(27-Jul-2019, 21:19)Eggman Wrote: Ohhhhh, how I would love to lose the Dialog. One fewer plug, one fewer box on top of my other boxes, two fewer ethernet cords... heaven. It would be delivering on the minimalist promise of the Phantom experience. I just hope any Dialog-killing app works with my Golds.

Clearly you do not own any Reactors.

Correct. Which is why I said Golds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 I you had Reactors you would know about the bugs and missing features compared to the Golds.
(28-Jul-2019, 06:15)fgleason Wrote:  If you had Reactors you would know about the bugs and missing features compared to the Golds.
I also think it's not the dialog that is the problem, but more the SW limitations (mainly on the user experience side) of Spark. Roon provides a good alternative, at least to me.
But in terms of pure streaming performance Spark currently is still ahead in performance (compared to Roon), i.e. how fast Qobuz queries are answered and how fast streaming starts, as well as in terms of access to purchased files etc.
In case you use the PLC between Dialog and the Phantoms it very much reliefs your home network from the streaming load, specifically when using wifi.
All this said when the PLC works without disturbance from neighboring PLCs and that all your plugs are on the same physical power line.
The only thing I’m hoping to see with any update is the elimination of that ridiculous lag from the internal dac for direct optical mode... the speakers are pretty much unusable when connecting to the TV.
(28-Jul-2019, 23:55)Yar36 Wrote: The only thing I’m hoping to see with any update is the elimination of that ridiculous lag from the internal dac for direct optical mode... the speakers are pretty much unusable when connecting to the TV.

In my case no problem at all with my Samsung Tv
Me too - Tv optical (sky / Netflix / now tv) out to phantom, even through an optical splitter and Dspeaker antimode - it has no more lip sync issues than I occasionally get even just listening to tv built in speakers

Mostly perfect for me Smile
The lag is noticeable with gaming, and with live instruments like DJing or keyboards for music production.

You're not noticing it on your TV, probably because your TV is introducing its own lag, either due to a slow display or intentionally to sync with speakers.
(29-Jul-2019, 15:38)booshtukka Wrote: The lag is noticeable with gaming, and with live instruments like DJing or keyboards for music production.

You're not noticing it on your TV, probably because your TV is introducing its own lag, either due to a slow display or intentionally to sync with speakers.

I have a Samsung Q9FN and it drives me crazy. 
It’s a flagship TV - and the lip sync is horrendous. 

The TV has an audio delay feature, but that only adds a further delay...I guess only useful if the audio is coming out faster than the video (and not the opposite)
Hi i see there's an upgrade to the app (not spark) in play store.
Any chance of Support the premier ?

Update...
It want connect to my gold.
Bit it defenetly asking if i have one.
Ooo yeah - me too. Asks to choose between reactors or all 3 classic models but doesn’t find my golds when I click next.
Tried resetting but no good