Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New App?
(30-Jul-2019, 15:07)Jamington2004 Wrote: An update to the Devialet App - now offers the chance to link to Classic Phantoms
Yes, really interesting that they now list the Classic models within the Devialet app. I guess, as already suggested, they need a firmware update before they can connect though. Usually firmware updates come later in the day, maybe we are lucky today?

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
From ware the firmgrade come?from the spark?
(30-Jul-2019, 16:45)eladeb Wrote: From ware the firmgrade come?from the spark?
I would assume so. All the previous updates were managed via Spark.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
Any one got s firmware update or successfuly connecter the premier?
(31-Jul-2019, 19:19)eladeb Wrote: Any one got s firmware update or successfuly connecter the premier?
For me it didn’t work, two Phantom Golds.
I asked support why it offered the option to set up the Premier line and they just gave a standard reply that this is in future plans but to use Spark now Smile

So I wouldn’t hold our breath waiting.....
One of the owners of Roon has developed an extension to adjust the Phantom's volume via UPnP. Using a Raspberry Pi with Hifiberry Digi+ an optical input let you stream 24/192 and bypassing Spark at the same time. Works with a Chromecast Audio too, but then you'll only get 24/96. Any streamer compatible with Roon with an optical output will work.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Finally-...-Ready-ish
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(04-Aug-2019, 18:32)Jamington2004 Wrote: I asked support why it offered the option to set up the Premier line and they just gave a standard reply that this is in future plans but to use Spark now Smile

So I wouldn’t hold our breath waiting.....

Not surprising, they keep the development close to their chests. The last official statement from October 2018 regarding DOS2 said:

"On Phantom Premier, transition to our new software platform is scheduled for the second half of 2019. You will have the option to replace Spark with the Devialet app and enjoy all the benefits of the new OS."

So let's see what type of changes we can expect and how (and if) the Devialet App and Spark/Dialog will even work alongside ...

Not so close to their chest that they don’t accidentally release the bit that lets you select a Gold Phantom to set up before it’s ready Wink
From Devialet themselves, they will release a new app that merges both Reactor and Premier sometimes in Q3 or Q4. I was told the same thing by a Devialet sales rep when I purchased my Golds 6 months ago, although he told me at the time the release would be before summer. 

New Dialog in the pipe too according to same sources at Devialet with same dates (one said 6 months ago before summer, the other one mentioned before year end) 

Crossing fingers, because sparks sucks. Dialog is ok but not always stable.