Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware 7.1.1 Available
(28-Jul-2014, 17:27)PhilP Wrote: There's a tutorial on how to use bi-directional USB for recording (using Audacity) on the Devialet web-site here. I haven't tried it yet.

thanks Phil that is very useful
(28-Jul-2014, 17:27)PhilP Wrote:
(27-Jul-2014, 10:54)PeterS Wrote:
(26-Jul-2014, 21:48)pete86 Wrote: What can one do with the bi-directional USB feature? Does it allow for vinyl-to-digital conversion?

It is a bit weird that Devialet doesn't spend a single word on an explanation for this new feature.

There's a tutorial on how to use bi-directional USB for recording (using Audacity) on the Devialet web-site here. I haven't tried it yet.
Thanks, I'm gonna try this.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(28-Jul-2014, 17:49)PeterS Wrote:
(28-Jul-2014, 17:27)PhilP Wrote:
(27-Jul-2014, 10:54)PeterS Wrote:
(26-Jul-2014, 21:48)pete86 Wrote: What can one do with the bi-directional USB feature? Does it allow for vinyl-to-digital conversion?

It is a bit weird that Devialet doesn't spend a single word on an explanation for this new feature.

There's a tutorial on how to use bi-directional USB for recording (using Audacity) on the Devialet web-site here. I haven't tried it yet.

I have and for me it doesn't work. I will need to experiment a bit on how to get it working.
I do what the instructions say and when I click ' record' then Audacity records total silence.
Same problem here, unfortunately. Followed the instructions. Tried a different USB cable. Don't know what to try next. I'm going to leave it until someone reports success.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(28-Jul-2014, 19:20)Eddye Wrote: Same problem here, unfortunately. Followed the instructions. Tried a different USB cable. Don't know what to try next. I'm going to leave it until someone reports success.

Same for me too (on Windows). Nothing in Audacity or the Windows mixer. It's getting late now, so I will have another look at this tomorrow.
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
My system had settled down quite nicely after 5-6 weeks use and I was actually beginning to relax and listen to music rather than how the system plays it...

I then upgraded to 7.1.1 on my 200 yesterday and have now had a few hours listening to the 'new' version.

It's obviously very difficult/impossible to perform direct comparisons between the sound with 7.1 and 7.1.1 but my impression is that there has been a slight shift in tonal balance towards higher frequencies with an apparent increase in detail resolution making recordings sound more 'airy'. The extra detail is great but unfortunately some female vocals now sound a bit thin and 'wispy' with a slight increase in 'grain'.

Of course, this could all be in my imagination - I would be interested to know whether anyone else has experienced similar changes?
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Hi - haven't noticed any sound improvement with the new firmware. However, haven't noticed any sound degradation - so I'm happy!

ATB, Ken
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
I've read comments from users who say 7.1 was more airy and others who tell the opposite. Personally I think there is no difference in tonality, but after upgrading from a single 250 to a 800 I had the impression that ambiance was better with the single 250. Now with 7.1.1 I think it is on the same level which might be due to the improved latency between master and slave.
I changed the configuration file yesterday turning Wi-Fi back on, re-booted the system and today it sounds wonderful again. Maybe the differences were just in my imagination though I still think that 24-bit recordings sound a bit more airy Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Hello,

first post here after a period of lurking in the dark. Smile
I received last week my D-premier upgraded to D250 and I upgraded to 7.1.1 I am not able to give an honest opinion as too many thing happened at the same time (1 month without amplifier, upgrade of the hardware and firmware upgrade).
Anyway reason I am writing is because I tried the bi-directional USB on mac, but I wasn't able to get anything except a flat line. Tried to monitor the input and there was no signal. I asked Thierry but so far no answer. Just checking if anybody here had better luck and I overlooked something

thanks

Marco
(30-Jul-2014, 21:39)marcor Wrote: Anyway reason I am writing is because I tried the bi-directional USB on mac, but I wasn't able to get anything except a flat line. Tried to monitor the input and there was no signal. I asked Thierry but so far no answer. Just checking if anybody here had better luck and I overlooked something

thanks

Marco

Same here. I created a request with Devialet yesterday to try to get it to work.

The Netherlands