Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware 7.1.1 Available
(01-Aug-2014, 15:06)Eddye Wrote: Devialet has been helping me solve the USB ssue this whole afternoon. I don't know how confidential these things are, but a solution is on it's way.

Devialet just sent me a different firmware (but still 7.11) and it works with the new one Smile .
I suppose that they will produce a firmware that works on all machines and put it on their site soon!
Best regards,
Sylvain
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
(01-Aug-2014, 15:44)Sylvain27 Wrote:
(01-Aug-2014, 15:06)Eddye Wrote: Devialet has been helping me solve the USB ssue this whole afternoon. I don't know how confidential these things are, but a solution is on it's way.

Devialet just sent me a different firmware (but still 7.11) and it works with the new one Smile .
I suppose that they will produce a firmware that works on all machines and put it on their site soon!
Best regards,
Sylvain

After I demonstrated what happened to Devialet (through remote desktop), they got back an hour later with the new firmware. Once it was clear this wasn't a user error, this was resolved very quickly. Good work, Devialet!

I hope they'll put up the new firmware on their site soon, but it could be they want to do some more tests.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(01-Aug-2014, 18:10)Eddye Wrote:
(01-Aug-2014, 15:44)Sylvain27 Wrote:

Best regards,
Sylvain

After I demonstrated what happened to Devialet (through remote desktop), they got back an hour later with the new firmware. Once it was clear this wasn't a user error, this was resolved very quickly. Good work, Devialet!

I hope they'll put up the new firmware on their site soon, but it could be they want to do some more tests.

Well I suppose I need to be patient and wait for the new firmware. Do you guys have USB2 or 3 on your computers? Wonder if that could be an issue

cheers
M
It looks like Devialet has posted the new firmware, the date now states 2014-08-02. The version number is still 7.1.1 btw.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(02-Aug-2014, 06:59)Eddye Wrote: It looks like Devialet has posted the new firmware, the date now states 2014-08-02. The version number is still 7.1.1 btw.

I got sent to me the firmware this morning New Zealand Time (most likely midnight Paris time. Tried now and worked great. I tested it with both 96 and 192 and both worked fine. I will have to spend some serious time now digitalising my records!

M
(02-Aug-2014, 07:06)marcor Wrote:
(02-Aug-2014, 06:59)Eddye Wrote: It looks like Devialet has posted the new firmware, the date now states 2014-08-02. The version number is still 7.1.1 btw.

I got sent to me the firmware this morning New Zealand Time (most likely midnight Paris time. Tried now and worked great. I tested it with both 96 and 192 and both worked fine. I will have to spend some serious time now digitalising my records!

M

I digitized 1 record yesterday, and its quite a job to do. After recording you have to export the tracks, that takes a while.

The Netherlands
(02-Aug-2014, 07:10)Eddye Wrote:
(02-Aug-2014, 07:06)marcor Wrote:

M

I digitized 1 record yesterday, and its quite a job to do. After recording you have to export the tracks, that takes a while.

Yes, I think I have an idea. I started looking into audacity tools for cleaning the record and it seems it will take its time (and testing). But I have several first pressing album that would benefit to be digitalised and spared from too much use.
Not sure if of interest but I found this page that goes through the audacity workflow for LP recording.
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/sam...ation.html
Probably there are a lot of better software out there to clean the tracks, but for the time being Audacity will do.
Space permitting I will keep the raw recordings at 32 bit so in future I can try to process them through different softwares and do a comparison.
Downloaded the "new" version 7.1.1 firmware today. Bi-directional USB now works as advertised.

BTW; the version that works for me has timestamp of "01/08/2014 15:25" on the files within the zip.
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
Ripped vinyl for the first time this afternoon. Pretty cool, lots to learn about how to optimize. Curious to hear what others are experiencing and thoughts on sound quality. I am reading up but so far very happy with this new feature. It sounds fantastic.
(03-Aug-2014, 01:51)adstew Wrote: Ripped vinyl for the first time this afternoon. Pretty cool, lots to learn about how to optimize. Curious to hear what others are experiencing and thoughts on sound quality. I am reading up but so far very happy with this new feature. It sounds fantastic.

Perhaps we could have a section about ripping vinyl to discuss software and techniques. From my first dabbing I think you can decide how invasive you want to be. You can just rip the vinyl and get a digital copy with all the flaws the record can have. You can run a declicking to take a way possible clicks you have and this is still a pretty light intervention as it works only on the spikes (you can only select the area you want to affect to limit even further the intervention). Or you can go further and try to denoise the vinyl but that is more invasive and you risk to remove good informations together with bad ones. I think this is the area where you can have more alterations and loss of quality.

M