Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware 7.1.1 Available
Just received my upgraded DPs back from France!

Regarding the bi-directional USB. Firstly my 'pooter skills are non existent to the extent that my staff google for me. For this reason i am embedded in the Apple ecosystem.

That said i have an oldish Dell Laptop running Windoze and downloaded Audacity and followed the devialet walk through

Worked perfectly for me. Dumb luck i suppose.
(31-Jul-2014, 05:58)Eddye Wrote:
(30-Jul-2014, 21:39)marcor Wrote: Anyway reason I am writing is because I tried the bi-directional USB on mac, but I wasn't able to get anything except a flat line. Tried to monitor the input and there was no signal. I asked Thierry but so far no answer. Just checking if anybody here had better luck and I overlooked something

thanks

Marco

Same here. I created a request with Devialet yesterday to try to get it to work.

Hello,
same problem here (Windows 7). I created a request yesterday too.
Best regards,
Sylvain
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
USB recording works great on my win 8.1pro fanless i5 nuc.
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
With the new software, I can no longer see SAM via the tone control. The new firmware states that if SAM is on, you should be able to access its settings via the tone control. When I boot up the Devialet, I see my configuration of SAM with my Atohm GT1 speakers in the circular window but then nothing appears when I either single click the tone control or double-click it rapidly. This leads me to wonder whether SAM is actually ON! I installed the former configuration file when I upgraded to 7.1.1, so now I am now asking myself whether somehow SAM has been turned off.

Anyone familiar with this situation?
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
I haven't been able to get the USB bidirectional functionality working either. Everything looks fine but there's simply no sound coming in. I've tried both analog and digital inputs but nada, niente!
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
That is interesting. It seems the people who managed to make it work are windows base. Was anyone on mac successful?
One thing I did notice, and could be only by chance, but if you look closely to the tutorial that Devialet put on line, you will see that the Windows images show the wavelength but the mac images, from when the say `Click on 'Record'' onward, only show a flat line. Could be just a mistake on the pdf or could be that someone rushed a bit the work without checking what was coming out from the mac....
During the weekend I will try to move my imac that has dual boot closer to the devialet and see if I can manage to make it work on windows 7.

thanks
(31-Jul-2014, 16:07)Flashman Wrote: With the new software, I can no longer see SAM via the tone control. The new firmware states that if SAM is on, you should be able to access its settings via the tone control. When I boot up the Devialet, I see my configuration of SAM with my Atohm GT1 speakers in the circular window but then nothing appears when I either single click the tone control or double-click it rapidly. This leads me to wonder whether SAM is actually ON! I installed the former configuration file when I upgraded to 7.1.1, so now I am now asking myself whether somehow SAM has been turned off.

I changed my configurator earlier in the week to change the right button to SAM on / off, it was Mute on / off before. With SAM on or off, I still get the SAM 0 to 100% dial from the middle button scrolling through balance, bass,"treble". (no rapid double clicking) I am running 7.1.1, which I though got rid of the SAM 0 to 100% when SAM is off, but it doesn't. Not an issue though, as all is working well.
(31-Jul-2014, 23:48)Confused Wrote:
(31-Jul-2014, 16:07)Flashman Wrote: With the new software, I can no longer see SAM via the tone control. The new firmware states that if SAM is on, you should be able to access its settings via the tone control. When I boot up the Devialet, I see my configuration of SAM with my Atohm GT1 speakers in the circular window but then nothing appears when I either single click the tone control or double-click it rapidly. This leads me to wonder whether SAM is actually ON! I installed the former configuration file when I upgraded to 7.1.1, so now I am now asking myself whether somehow SAM has been turned off.

I changed my configurator earlier in the week to change the right button to SAM on / off, it was Mute on / off before. With SAM on or off, I still get the SAM 0 to 100% dial from the middle button scrolling through balance, bass,"treble". (no rapid double clicking) I am running 7.1.1, which I though got rid of the SAM 0 to 100% when SAM is off, but it doesn't. Not an issue though, as all is working well.

Thanks for this information. I will go into the configurator over the weekend and play around with it. I didn't realize you could actually assign a button for SAM monitoring and adjustment. Appreciate it!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Rainbow 
(31-Jul-2014, 18:21)Antoine Wrote: I haven't been able to get the USB bidirectional functionality working either. Everything looks fine but there's simply no sound coming in. I've tried both analog and digital inputs but nada, niente!

Hello,
I have tried 3 computers, with Windows 7, Windows 7 64 and Windows 8.1, different sources, different cables and the same result : a flat line Angry
No news from Devialet yet, and I'm wondering how it can work with some amplifiers and not with others, as they shoud be identical and have the same firmware: 7.11 Huh
Best regards,
Sylvain
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
Devialet has been helping me solve the USB ssue this whole afternoon. I don't know how confidential these things are, but a solution is on it's way.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands