Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Phantom 108db serial numbers / how to tell an old gold vs new?
Hi considering getting a pair of the newer 108db gold - how to tell if it’s a newer or older version if bought used?

Different serial number format?
New style of packaging?

Thanks all Smile
(13-Apr-2021, 20:44)Jamington2004 Wrote: Hi considering getting a pair of the newer 108db gold - how to tell if it’s a newer or older version if bought used?

Different serial number format?
New style of packaging?

Thanks all Smile

The newer version is just black or matte white. If glossy, it is the older version (Golds).
Thanks. Hard to tell about the gloss in some pics though especially it’s not obviously glossy, could just be the lightning making it look matt
Hopefully someone can post a new box design - or serial number is different format?
Check my post here: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-some-questions--7177
This will help you to read the serial number Smile
I just received today the new Phantom I 108 dB. The matte white is very obvious compared to glossy, see images. My old Golds have serial number: J50NxxxxxxU06. The new one has serial number: P11NxxxxxxU15

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Got mine yesterday Dark Chrome - ends with U13
(13-Apr-2021, 23:28)Bbnsound Wrote: Check my post here: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-some-questions--7177
This will help you to read the serial number Smile

Great - so 4U10 at the end looks like a very late Gold, and I am looking for 4U15 for the Matt white gold version
I think this can be really helpful this is a picture from my devialets with all the dates and s/numbers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(14-Apr-2021, 18:35)Ebro Wrote: I think this can be really helpful this is a picture from my devialets with all the dates and s/numbers

I think U13 is the new Dark Chrome and U10 is the new Matte Gold.
Nope - U15 is new Matt Gold look at the previous posted pic Smile