Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Spark release
It's the Dialog that gets hot. I did a measurement with my Watt meter. It takes between 10 and max 70 Watts, mostly constantly alternating between 10 and 40 Watts. My Dialog doesn't get hotter then my Sonos by the way.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(19-Mar-2015, 18:26)mirekti Wrote:
(19-Mar-2015, 17:55)fcs Wrote:
(19-Mar-2015, 13:48)Confused Wrote: Has anyone sent a query to Devilaet to ask about the high Dialog temperatures?

Yes I did. My Phantom also is quite hot even after not using it for ten hours!

Is it Phantom or Dialog that is hot, or both?

My Dialog gets very hot and smells of overheated phenolic. The Phantoms stay slightly warm if left plugged in. There is absolutely no data about them but I assume they go into some sort of standby after a period of silence, but maybe not.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(18-Mar-2015, 14:58)Charlemagne Wrote: Found this message in my postbox:

Quote:
Dear friends,

First and foremost, we would like to say that we are proud and happy to have you as the pioneers of the PHANTOM revolution.
Many of you have shared with us the powerful musical experience PHANTOM has created in your home. However, as is the case with many new endeavors, there have been some difficulties reported, specifically pertaining to theSPARK application. We want you to know that we are aware of this and are taking the necessary steps to improve your experience. SPARK is an application that is continuously evolving and will soon be as perfect as your PHANTOM. We have 8 dedicated engineers working 24/7 on the application and our goal is for it to exceed your expectations.
In a few days, on March 31st, you will receive the Spark 1.1 preview release. It includes:
Bug fixes
- Synchronize Deezer and Qobuz playlists
- Stall upon setup
- Network Stability
- Faster PHANTOM startup
- Spark crashes
- Better meta-data support
- Seek and play on some formats
New features
- Optical Input on DIALOG
- Improved PHANTOM stereo mix
Thank you for your continued trust and patience, and please accept our apologies if your experience was at times not up to par. We continue to strive for excellence. 
As a token of our appreciation, we invite you to join our PHANTOM PIONEER PROGRAM, which includes priority access to our support team as well as software beta-releases. Simply reply to this email if you wish to take part.

Quentin Sannié
  Devialet CEO

Any word if this is released yet? It's 31st. 
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(31-Mar-2015, 03:48)trashken Wrote:
(18-Mar-2015, 14:58)Charlemagne Wrote: Found this message in my postbox:

Quote:
Dear friends,

First and foremost, we would like to say that we are proud and happy to have you as the pioneers of the PHANTOM revolution.
Many of you have shared with us the powerful musical experience PHANTOM has created in your home. However, as is the case with many new endeavors, there have been some difficulties reported, specifically pertaining to theSPARK application. We want you to know that we are aware of this and are taking the necessary steps to improve your experience. SPARK is an application that is continuously evolving and will soon be as perfect as your PHANTOM. We have 8 dedicated engineers working 24/7 on the application and our goal is for it to exceed your expectations.
In a few days, on March 31st, you will receive the Spark 1.1 preview release. It includes:
Bug fixes
- Synchronize Deezer and Qobuz playlists
- Stall upon setup
- Network Stability
- Faster PHANTOM startup
- Spark crashes
- Better meta-data support
- Seek and play on some formats
New features
- Optical Input on DIALOG
- Improved PHANTOM stereo mix
Thank you for your continued trust and patience, and please accept our apologies if your experience was at times not up to par. We continue to strive for excellence. 
As a token of our appreciation, we invite you to join our PHANTOM PIONEER PROGRAM, which includes priority access to our support team as well as software beta-releases. Simply reply to this email if you wish to take part.

Quentin Sannié
  Devialet CEO

Any word if this is released yet? It's 31st. 

Not yet, but I'm eagerly awaiting this release. We are in the process of moving to a new place and for some reason I now have the problem with cutting the music at the start of a song, which I did not have before. The only thing that is different is a router I use temporarily at the new place...
Devialet 250PRO - Audio Physic Avantera - AIR-ETH - Roon
(19-Mar-2015, 13:42)f1eng Wrote: "It is a terrible shame. The speaker itself is absolutely brilliant in concept and engineering."

I totally agree BUT a lot of French engineering, to my own experience 100% of times, is superb but the integration of software and its  likes never work good or not at all. As a scientist at the university in the 90's I had my fare share of brilliant French spectrometers etc though they never worked with the software despite sometimes years trying to make it work and in the end we just had a lot of nice looking equipment standing there.

My experience which obviously continues with Devialet so I am a bit hardened now though at least my stuff works but I do not dare to config at the moment.

Fingers X:ed for a positive change/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Did anyone receive the Spark 1.1 preview release today?
Devialet 250PRO - Audio Physic Avantera - AIR-ETH - Roon
(31-Mar-2015, 18:58)invader Wrote: Did anyone receive the Spark 1.1 preview release today?

Has it been released? I'm in the UK and zero signs of anything. Do you think they have dropped the ball.....again!!
Wasn't Spark 2.0 due yesterday?
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(31-Mar-2015, 20:23)f1eng Wrote: Wasn't Spark 2.0 due yesterday?

Spark 1.1 is availlable on Android but not yet for iOS or Windows. It reads major bug fix!
So is it better than before?