Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Spark release
Don't see any difference. Anyone else have a clue?
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Oh no. It's normal. Just Devialet software... Smile
The only thing I see different is the two optical inputs for Phantom now click when selected so you can choose which has Phantom receives data. It would be appropriate if they released notes on the upgrade........
Also now although spark sees my computer and linked Nas drive it does not recognize any album name ie shows up as unknown album no icon, if you select the album you see each track name, totally frustrating for this amount of money
April fools release
Spoke too soon, I reselected the computer in Spark made a new path to the Nas and restarted the spark app, all now perfect, playing without any issues so far will update at of the day
So it seems the update has improved some functionalities...
Just received this email:

Quote:New Spark Beta release

[Image: 7fc792b6-3fd9-44ef-b807-ad3489024718.png]
Dear Friends,

SPARK 1.1 Beta is now available for download:

SPARK 1.1 beta OSX
SPARK 1.1 beta Windows
SPARK 1.1 beta Android

SPARK 1.1 beta iOS is under validation with Apple and will soon be available through your iPad/iPhone regular updates.

This version contains the following improvements:

Better communication reliability between Phantom and Spark
Bug fix: stall on setup and usage
Bug fix: unexpected application crashes
Fix: network configuration problem provoking random Phantom reconnection
Fix: network configuration problem generating temporary loss of some functionalities (volume, playlists,…)

Spark enhancements
Fix: seek and play switching to next track
Better meta-data management and search
better synchronisation of Deezer and Qobuz playlists

Other improvements will follow in the coming weeks, specifically with your Phantom’s internal software automatic update.

As always, do not hesitate to contact us for any additional information.

The R&D and Support teams at Devialet
customercare@devialet.com

■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Well, at least they're honest in calling it Beta releases....
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Thanks Charlemange for sharing the links! I'm using the OSX version and local 24bit/192kHz files now play! So far no interrupt! Ok, I only listining for 5'. But before in Spark 1.0 after 5 seconds the streaming stopped. Now it looks like playing high res local files works. Maybe I was too fast. I got the first drop out for few milliseconds. However, no comparison to before. It's still playing. And of course High res is the most difficult on network streaming. With Qobuz same as before. As long as Qobuz can stream fast enough to the home network it works, however they are migrating to new servers and lately I have often drop outs as e.g. now. The service is not reliable, but independent of the used software on IPad, PC, web interface or in Spark. When one SW receives the music all incl. Spark 1.0 worked fine.