Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New firmware 8.1.3
i don't see custom delay feature!!!
Whats going on? its been promised a month ago to be implemented in to configurator .

Please tell me that I'm missing something here.
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
(23-Jul-2015, 16:57)Hexen Wrote: For some reason SAM whent to 0% when i loaded the new firmwear 8.1.3 had to turn it up manually

I'm always intrigued how they store the SAM percentage. It persists (well, obviously not for you this time but it did for me!) between firmware updates too. Must be some non-volatile RAM or something.
I just updated to 8.1.3 and Air-Ethernet has disconnected itself 3 times so far with 2 different computers, the first problem I have had with Air for months. Sad
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I think this is a case of leaving well alone!
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
I lost the link between the 2 x 200 so redid the upgrade and then it was fine. I think this is the first step to try if you have any problems with any firmware upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
I just loaded 8.1.3 on my 200, i did seem to take a bit longer to load but not hugely. As for SQ not sure yet.. seems about the same as 8.1.2 but I'll let things play bit and listen later. I also had no issue reloading my existing config file..
Installed 8.1.3 on my D400 without a glitch, made new config files just in case as I made some changes to it anyway. I like the way it sounds, only listened to a few songs but not bad at all......
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

After a couple hours the most I'm noticing is a bit of horizontal enhancement, ie; nada, zero, zilch. But I admit due to my recent speaker binding post conversion I'm running a 7.1.2 factory config with SAM off so as to not make that conversion any more complex/complicated than it need be as that relates to SAM and/or other influential data. From a factory config baseline its indistinguishable from 8.1.2. Sounds GREAT! Just not 'different' in any perceptible way, ie; 'horizontal.'
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
From Devialet's own website (the Temple of Truth)

"FIRMWARE V8.1.3
- Fix of potential issue with SAM V2 bass extension on certain profiles"

Now in my case SAM V2 bass extension with 8.1.2 was utterly bonkers! On 8.1.3, very different indeed. I need to spend more time listening / experimenting, but it now appears that SAM V2 in 8.1.3 is moving towards being very subtle, but if I do try to run SAM 100%, with some music it does sound like there is too much bass, at the very very lowest frequencies.

In terms of what I think 8.1.3 sounds like, I did do a lot of listening last weekend, however, this was in company, so I didn't want to spend lots of time looking like an idiot by constantly experimenting with SAM %. Earlier on, I had simply selected SAM at 40%, later on we listened to lots of favourite tunes. This weekend I will have time for some serious listening and will experiment with "new" SAM. However, based on last weekend's listening, I don't think my system has ever sounded so good. SAM V2 + 8.1.3 looks very promising indeed.

One caveat, I was sent 8.1.3 a couple of weeks ago by Devialet support due to my ongoing SAM V2 issues, they described it a "beta" version in the covering email, but the files themselves made no mention of beta. So I'm not sure if I have been running exactly the same version as released today or not.
LOLOLOL... "Temple of Truth" Love it... too funny!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!