Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New steamer king??
Yes, I had bought the VITA and I have tested the device for a few weeks and I returned it.

If you want to be a real beta tester you can buy the device - for all others - hands off ! If you´re not satisfied with the Devialet software, you should never come into contact with the NATIV OS.

Every day I found new software bugs, nothing - really nothing worked for more than a few minutes. The software has no bugs - it is a bug. The NATIV guys are friendly, but they had to confirm, that the device is not useable with the current OS.

Before I returned the device, they paid me some money back. That didn´t help, the device is almost useless. Perhaps a lot of software improvements would help...
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(24-Apr-2018, 21:52)midi Wrote: The software has no bugs - it is a bug.
Brilliant!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
(24-Apr-2018, 21:52)midi Wrote: Yes, I had bought the VITA and I have tested the device for a few weeks and I returned it.

If you want to be a real beta tester you can buy the device - for all others - hands off ! If you´re not satisfied with the Devialet software, you should never come into contact with the NATIV OS.

Every day I found new software bugs, nothing - really nothing worked for more than a few minutes. The software has no bugs - it is a bug. The NATIV guys are friendly, but they had to confirm, that the device is not useable with the current OS.

Before I returned the device, they paid me some money back. That didn´t help, the device is almost useless. Perhaps a lot of software improvements would help...

Thanks for sharing mate. It’s very useful!
(24-Apr-2018, 21:52)midi Wrote: Yes, I had bought the VITA and I have tested the device for a few weeks and I returned it.

Thanks for the feedback. That helps to narrow down the options Smile

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I was interested in the Vita but I read similar comments about disfunctional OS some month ago so I got an Innuos Zenith. I hope they can figure out how to get a working OS/software as I like the design for a second system
I have both the Nativ Vita and the Innuos Zenith.

I purchased the Nativ Vita through Kickstarter, and waited well over a year from its introduction on Kickstarter to receiving the unit. My first three months using the Vita could only be described as a nightmare. I suffered all the issues mentioned above, including a system failure. Nativ replaced the unit, including shipping at their cost, and arranged the courier.

The new unit was a major improvement on my original but still had flaws in the OS. In a period of a few months, they upgraded the OS a number of times, corrected flaws as they were reported. I have to say, the current OS system has been rock solid, which is a testament to their software team. A certain company could learn a lot from them, both in the upgrading of the OS, and customer support.

It still has a few quirks, but they have all been documented by Nativ and are listed on their website. The remote (beautifully engineered) unfortunately is very limited, and frustrating and it now lives in it's box in a cupboard.

The unit is not for everybody, but in it's defence, I have to say, I believe it sounds as good if not better than the Innuos. I have Spotify, Roon, Qubuz all installed on the unit, and all work without issue from my android phone and tablet. The internal library is accessed using the Bubble UPNP app (their android recommendation).

From thinking I'd made a massive mistake originally in purchasing the Nativ, I'm now very happy with unit.
(26-Apr-2018, 22:46)SteveI Wrote: I have both the Nativ Vita and the Innuos Zenith.

I purchased the Nativ Vita through Kickstarter, and waited well over a year from its introduction on Kickstarter to receiving the unit. My first three months using the Vita could only be described as a nightmare. I suffered all the issues mentioned above, including a system failure. Nativ replaced the unit, including shipping at their cost, and arranged the courier.

The new unit was a major improvement on my original but still had flaws in the OS. In a period of a few months, they upgraded the OS a number of times, corrected flaws as they were reported. I have to say, the current OS system has been rock solid, which is a testament to their software team. A certain company could learn a lot from them, both in the upgrading of the OS, and customer support.

It still has a few quirks, but they have all been documented by Nativ and are listed on their website. The remote (beautifully engineered) unfortunately is very limited, and frustrating and it now lives in it's box in a cupboard.

The unit is not for everybody, but in it's defence, I have to say, I believe it sounds as good if not better than the Innuos. I have Spotify, Roon, Qubuz all installed on the unit, and all work without issue from my android phone and tablet. The internal library is accessed using the Bubble UPNP app (their android recommendation).

From thinking I'd made a massive mistake originally in purchasing the Nativ, I'm now very happy with unit.
Thanks for the feedback

How are u connecting/integrating the Nativ Vita to/in your system?

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(26-Apr-2018, 22:46)SteveI Wrote: I have both the Nativ Vita and the Innuos Zenith.

From thinking I'd made a massive mistake originally in purchasing the Nativ,  I'm now very happy with unit.

I can't confirm this. I have tried different connections, different streaming services, different servers over a few weeks and discussed some nights with the NATIV guys. Nothing, really nothing worked without problems. And if the OS is working for a few minutes it is very slow. The NATIV guys send me a beta OS, which solved some problems and added some new bugs. I got two times a big discount - because they know that the device is faulty.

I tried everything to get the NATIV work in an acceptable way for a few weeks, without success. It is really beautiful and they want to offer al lot (f.e. all streaming services, including iTunes), so I wanted to go with the NATIV. But the device was so buggy, that I could not keep it despite the low price.

The remote is complete useless (except for volume adjust).

In the meantime I have bought an Innuos, it is a real software dream compared with the NATIV.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(27-Apr-2018, 01:26)amabrok Wrote:

From thinking I'd made a massive mistake originally in purchasing the Nativ,  I'm now very happy with unit.
Thanks for the feedback

How are u connecting/integrating the Nativ Vita to/in your system?

I've used AES / EBU and SPDIF outputs, due to using different configurations on my 440 and both sound really good.
Thanks Stevel

But that means you can't directly interact with the big touch dsiplay from your listening position. Doesn't this defeat the whole design concept ?

Dubai, UAE