Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12
(09-Nov-2015, 10:21)fgueho Wrote: I have read the manual of the Samsung 55f9000, and all I can see is an "audio delay" that can be setup between 0 and 250ms.
Nothing new here... It won't handle our video delay problem...

So, what do you mean by "delay netwerk 0 and 200 ms"?

Sorry that must be audio delay and not netwerk of course

In my audio settings on the tv i can set the audio delay from 0 to 200 ms and thats funtion perfectly
ragwo Wrote: Wrote:
(11 hours ago)oilman Wrote: Wrote:Wish I did not upgrade to this new firmware.  Now getting irritating clicks and pops at random times and often near the beginning of songs, and always in the right channel.

Anyone else having this same problem?

I haven't had that problem. Maybe stating the obvious, have you tried a complete reset of the Phantoms and the Dialog?
I did a system reset through Spark (in the menu Devices --> system restart).  The phantoms then became out of phase.   Did this again and now they are back in phase but still clicking/popping.  I haben't tried a full reset through restarting the router, dialogue, phantoms, etc.  I'll give that a try.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hadnt experienced this ...... but I just found one channel not working at all this morning, and Restart Set up wouldt find the dialogue

So did a FULL reset....... and am now getting annoying pops and clicks on left chanel, and now its started cutting out Sad...................... and now as I type both channels just died Sad

I am in a true love hate relationship.... They are amazing when running but I now need to start looking at wiring them via ethernet which kind of spoils the point for me

Or spending yet more money on a dedicated Apple router which seems nuts
(09-Nov-2015, 10:34)Johnnydev Wrote: In my audio settings on the tv i can set the audio delay from 0 to 200 ms and thats funtion perfectly

Well, it's very strange because the problem with the phantoms is NOT the audio delay, but the video delay...
So increasing the audio delay should worsen the lypsinc, not improve it.

The only reason I can see is that your TV is very (VERY) slow in processing the video signal, and so, the video is late comparing to audio. Which is a very good news for you...
Lucky you!
(08-Nov-2015, 22:49)oilman Wrote: Wish I did not upgrade to this new firmware.  Now getting irritating clicks and pops at random times and often near the beginning of songs, and always in the right channel.

Anyone else having this same problem?

UPDATE:

I identified the problem to plug in wifi extenders our security alarm company added to improve range for a wifi enabled thermostat we had them install.  Removed these and all is good.  My router is located in my media room, connected to the modem, which is located in the living room, through a wall outlet powerline network extender. Seems the plug in wifi extenders were interfering with this.
And almost everybody blaam devialet.
Just perhaps to add another horse to the stability stable*... my Phantoms are automatically powered on every day 5 min before the Dialog is. It is all wireless in the same room (with Router in next room) apart from always using Dialog Optical in. It can exhibit some oddities in the first few minutes (like momentary blanking + L/R swapping) but after that I do seem to get a good 3-4 hours of stability every night without losing connection.

*that's known as a Partridgism in the UK.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(09-Nov-2015, 15:47)Johnnydev Wrote: And almost everybody blaam devialet.

I still blame Devialet myself

They do not avertise as needed a seperate network to run them on wifi, or publically reccomend that wiring them is the best way to go

In fact the opposite they push the fact that they are wireless - so for me this should work well on a half decent home network shared with a few other iPhones or succ

I have one of the fastest cable networks on the market, and one of the best newest routers - with the phantoms only 6-10 ft from the dialogue - yet I kept cut outs and crashes, I am told due to sharing with other devices 

My laptop and iPhone don't grind to a halt when something else is trying to use the network!

I am now trying with a dedicated router which seems to fix the issue for the phantoms so far, but is now causing me issues with devices connected to my main router dropping out all the time

It was all going so well for me for a month or so - then before and after the update I started experiencing major cut outs 

So yes - for me I did not buy these thinking I would have to buy an additional router,
Or worse use Ethernet cables to the phantoms - so I think it's  Devialets responsibility to fix this 

IMHO Smile
They do recommend using airport express or extreme.
Why?
Because the isp box priorities train on cabled ether net over train on WiFi.
Therefore, an airport connected through ether net with the isp box on one side, and with the dialog on the other side, as well as providing a prioritised WiFi access point, is a better solution than connecting dialog to the isp box and using the box WiFi.
This is under assistance, dialog phantom, network, on Devialet.com

Regards
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(10-Nov-2015, 18:01)Jamington2004 Wrote:
(09-Nov-2015, 15:47)Johnnydev Wrote: And almost everybody blaam devialet.

I still blame Devialet myself

They do not avertise as needed a seperate network to run them on wifi, or publically reccomend that wiring them is the best way to go

In fact the opposite they push the fact that they are wireless - so for me this should work well on a half decent home network shared with a few other iPhones or succ

I have one of the fastest cable networks on the market, and one of the best newest routers - with the phantoms only 6-10 ft from the dialogue - yet I kept cut outs and crashes, I am told due to sharing with other devices 

My laptop and iPhone don't grind to a halt when something else is trying to use the network!

I am now trying with a dedicated router which seems to fix the issue for the phantoms so far, but is now causing me issues with devices connected to my main router dropping out all the time

It was all going so well for me for a month or so - then before and after the update I started experiencing major cut outs 

So yes - for me I did not buy these thinking I would have to buy an additional router,
Or worse use Ethernet cables to the phantoms - so I think it's  Devialets responsibility to fix this 

IMHO Smile

I'm with you on this.  Other device makers including wirelessly connected devices such as Sonos are so much more stable and simple.
As per my latest exchanges with Devialet (i.e. last night), some issues seem to be caused by port 24242 not being forwarded properly.