Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from Devialet? Countdown on website
(06-Oct-2018, 11:51)G51 Wrote: "Your ears. Your eyes. Your limits. Get ready to question everything. 10.10.18"

That is only a slogan with no meaning and frankly, IMHO, quite annoying.

How about Devialet just announces what it likes to announce on Oct 10 (and fellows here would report that here on Devialetchat right away).  I like to stress this point again - it is annoying.

It‘s like Christmas. Wrapped parcels under the tree waiting a long day to be opened after a long process of lightening the candles, singing Christmas songs... Some like it, some not.
(06-Oct-2018, 08:21)iamwappie Wrote: THere is a countdown on the Devialet website with the text "How will jou react?"

New small Phantoms?

I bet, a new device allowing expert pro and phantom to be used in a home theater system.
(06-Oct-2018, 12:16)fredsann Wrote:
(06-Oct-2018, 08:21)iamwappie Wrote: THere is a countdown on the Devialet website with the text "How will jou react?"

New small Phantoms?

I bet, a new device allowing expert pro and phantom to be used in a home theater system.

It is a reasonable guess - pro + phantom = multi-channel home theater system. Then I am not too excited about it.
Smile 
Whatever it is, it'll explain what Devialet engineers have been up to.   Given that the Phantoms were never designed to work with the Experts, my guess is that it'll be yet another product that won't work with either.   

If you got the english marketing email, anyone notice that they misspelled 'unreasonable'?    

SOMETHING
UNREASONNABLE
IS COMING

My guess is that it's a kitchen appliance - maybe a toaster.  
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(06-Oct-2018, 14:21)mdconnelly Wrote: Whatever it is, it'll explain what Devialet engineers have been up to.   Given that the Phantoms were never designed to work with the Experts, my guess is that it'll be yet another product that won't work with either.   

If you got the english marketing email, anyone notice that they misspelled 'unreasonable'?    

SOMETHING
UNREASONNABLE
IS COMING

My guess is that it's a kitchen appliance - maybe a toaster.  

I don't like a toaster either. But Devialet should make the announcement right after the countdown goes to 00:00:00. Right?
"Your ears. Your eyes. Your limits. Get ready to question everything. 10.10.18"

Maybe Devialet will announce an official forum so people could post questions (and opinions) everything there.
Are they just trying to play off the binary '1010' or is there something magical about the date? But then, it is a bit unreasonable for them to have us all guessing for the next 4 days.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(06-Oct-2018, 14:43)mdconnelly Wrote: Are they just trying to play off the binary '1010' or is there something magical about the date?     But  then, it is a bit unreasonable for them to have us all guessing for the next 4 days.

Judging from the quality of their software, they don’t understand binary.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
First Devialet TV?
It's a Red Phantom