Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from Devialet? Countdown on website
My guess; a new phantom at a lower price point.
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
My bet : a TV sound bar
 Roon Air / convolution HAF / Devialet Expert D200/ DIY power and speakers cable / DIY Speakers Atohm EURUS 1.0 + DIY active SW 
I hope it Will be something too the pro models
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(06-Oct-2018, 18:33)Finn Wrote: I hope it Will be something too the pro models

Hummmm... don´t bet much on it.
Maybe headphones?
Maybe at RMAF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Od'A is at Devialet for the 1000 Pro upgrade and a clean of the chassis at the moment. So my guess is that they will send it back without doing the upgrade or clean and make me pay custom costs on the 'import' of the thing. That sounds unreasonable to me.  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
The email with the image composed of 1's and 0's suggests software. It is not a new product.
Since Devialet has been heavily criticized for being behind in software development compared to their competition, it makes a lot of sense. If they nail the software, they have the potential of expanding their following in a serious way.
The strategy of marketing whatever this is as 'unreasonable' is puzzling... Perhaps something lost in translation? Or perhaps, something truly unreasonable (like another year delay in Roon RAAT ;-)

But since the message seems to have been sent to Expert and Phantom customers alike, I suspect it's more along the lines of a new product. We'll know soon enough.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I just google it:

unreasonable
ʌnˈriːz(ə)nəb(ə)l/Submit
adjective
not guided by or based on good sense.
"she knew she was being unreasonable, but she resented his domesticity"
synonyms: uncooperative, obstructive, unhelpful, disobliging, unaccommodating, troublesome, awkward, contrary, difficult, tiresome, annoying, vexatious; obstinate, obdurate, wilful, headstrong, pig-headed, bull-headed, intractable, intransigent, inflexible, mulish; irrational, illogical, opinionated, biased, prejudiced, intolerant, blinkered
"an unreasonable old woman"
unacceptable, preposterous, outrageous, ludicrous, absurd, senseless, nonsensical, irrational, illogical;
excessive, immoderate, extreme, disproportionate, undue, inordinate, exorbitant, extortionate, extravagant, intolerable, unconscionable;
unnecessary, unjustified, unwarranted, uncalled for;
informalover the top, OTT, steep
"the bill placed unreasonable demands on industry"
beyond the limits of acceptability or fairness.
"an unreasonable request"

Take your pick!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.