Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from Devialet? Countdown on website
(07-Oct-2018, 19:35)MightyMart Wrote: I just received an email from my local hifi-dealer. Apparently there will be an increase of prices for all Devialet Phantom models and accessories on October 10, internationally.

10% presumably?
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I hope they did not implement MQA.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
A lot of people seem to be assuming that because this is October that "10.10" is a date and it's the 10th of October but there's also the countdown on the website and my calculation indicates that countdown runs down to zero at 2.00 am Paris time on 9 October. I might have the time wrong but not the date so unless what they're planning to do is simply to change the website's opening screen on the 9th when the countdown runs out and tell us then what they're going to do on the 10th, this has nothing to do with the 10th of October.

Since this is a tease, what's the most unreasonable tease that they could pull? What happens when a countdown runs out? It ends with a zero, the mathematical equivalent of nothing, so we can expect to see nothing when the countdown runs out on the 9th of October.

Someone in Devialet's marketing department decided they didn't want to wait until April next year to be able to pull an April Fool's joke on us so they decided to start an October's Fool Day instead.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(08-Oct-2018, 00:19)David A Wrote: A lot of people seem to be assuming that because this is October that "10.10" is a date and it's the 10th of October but there's also the countdown on the website and my calculation indicates that countdown runs down to zero at 2.00 am Paris time on 9 October. I might have the time wrong but not the date so unless what they're planning to do is simply to change the website's opening screen on the 9th when the countdown runs out and tell us then what they're going to do on the 10th, this has nothing to do with the 10th of October.

You got the time right but the country wrong David  Smile 
It runs out at 2AM on the 9th in NSW Australia or better right on midnight (8th to 9th) in New Zealand, the first country to start a new day. So 10.10 might just stand for a surround system with 10 speakers and 10 subwoofers. 

Most likely though, someone just stuffed up the count down and the date actually is the 10th. The initial email was sent out over the weekend so it wouldn't surprise me if in a few hours, when the Paris office opens, the clock will suddenly have another 24 hours added.

I might just make this my prediction for the 2018 Almanac; someone stuffs up the count down clock.  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(08-Oct-2018, 00:19)David A Wrote: A lot of people seem to be assuming that because this is October that "10.10" is a date and it's the 10th of October but there's also the countdown on the website and my calculation indicates that countdown runs down to zero at 2.00 am Paris time on 9 October. I might have the time wrong but not the date so unless what they're planning to do is simply to change the website's opening screen on the 9th when the countdown runs out and tell us then what they're going to do on the 10th, this has nothing to do with the 10th of October.

Since this is a tease, what's the most unreasonable tease that they could pull?  What happens when a countdown runs out? It ends with a zero, the mathematical equivalent of nothing, so we can expect to see nothing when the countdown runs out on the 9th of October.

Someone in Devialet's marketing department decided they didn't want to wait until April next year to be able to pull an April Fool's joke on us so they decided to start an October's Fool Day instead.
Yes, it will be a multi channel system built with ten new smaller size Phantoms to be launched on 9th Oct. Then they can sell many more Phantoms whatever sizes they are. Some of the profits will be reinvested into R&D which is good.
(08-Oct-2018, 03:59)Pim Wrote:

It runs out at 2AM on the 9th in NSW Australia or better right on midnight (8th to 9th) in New Zealand, the first country to start a new day. So 10.10 might just stand for a surround system with 10 speakers and 10 subwoofers. 

Most likely though, someone just stuffed up the count down and the date actually is the 10th. The initial email was sent out over the weekend so it wouldn't surprise me if in a few hours, when the Paris office opens, the clock will suddenly have another 24 hours added.

I might just make this my prediction for the 2018 Almanac; someone stuffs up the count down clock.  Tongue

No, Pim, I didn't get the time wrong. I was looking at a world clock display for Paris when I did my calculation. I just checked Devialet's web site and it's 3.02 pm on the 8th here in Brisbane just north of you and the countdown is saying 18 hours 58 od minutes which means it runs out tomorrow, the 9th, at 10.00 am here in Brisbane which is 2.00 am tomorrow morning in Paris. I've got the time calculation right.

You mentioned the possibility of the clock being reset. I had the feeling some time ago that it had already been reset because it wasn't showing the time remaining that I expected to see. I wouldn't be surprised if the countdown timer is no more reliable than Devialet are when it comes to delivering on time but that shouldn't surprise us because it is their timer :-)

I did have a rather crazy thought a while ago about what it might be. The time bothers me, 2.00 am in Paris? Not a time for something to happen but perhaps a time in another time zone so maybe it's something coming from someone else but whatever it is concerns Devialet.

Anyway I have my doubts that whatever it is will be as big a thing as all this ridiculousness is meant to suggest. I think it's more likely the countdown will end with a whimper than a bang, to steal a phrase from T.S. Eliot.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(08-Oct-2018, 06:18)David A Wrote:
(08-Oct-2018, 03:59)Pim Wrote:

No, Pim, I didn't get the time wrong. I was looking at a world clock display for Paris when I did my calculation. I just checked Devialet's web site and it's 3.02 pm on the 8th here in Brisbane just north of you and the countdown is saying 18 hours 58 od minutes which means it runs out tomorrow, the 9th, at 10.00 am here in Brisbane which is 2.00 am tomorrow morning in Paris. I've got the time calculation right.

You mentioned the possibility of the clock being reset. I had the feeling some time ago that it had already been reset because it wasn't showing the time remaining that I expected to see. I wouldn't be surprised if the countdown timer is no more reliable than Devialet are when it comes to delivering on time but that shouldn't surprise us because it is their timer :-)

I did have a rather crazy thought a while ago about what it might be. The time bothers me, 2.00 am in Paris? Not a time for something to happen but perhaps a time in another time zone so maybe it's something coming from someone else but whatever it is concerns Devialet.

Anyway I have my doubts that whatever it is will be as big a thing as all this ridiculousness is meant to suggest. I think it's more likely the countdown will end with a whimper than a bang, to steal a phrase from T.S. Eliot.

I think we're both right / wrong...

Devialet are using different clocks  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
On Instagram they have tagged/written specifically 10.10.18 in the post...
Happy owner of 2xGold Phantoms, 2xRemotes, Dialog w/Airplay and Cocoon
Just checked the site again and it's still showing me a countdown to 10.00 am tomorrow my time/2.00 am Paris.

I think different clocks for different people is unreasonable.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Got a reply from my dealer, no details on the announcement, but it is not supposed to compete with existing range.

And regarding the timer, I am in the same time zone as Paris, and the countdown ends tomorrow at 10.00 (which is in the morning for you am/pm people)

So, I guess the countdown on the homepage is in local french time.