Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from Devialet? Countdown on website
How will you react?

Well, my timer just ended (Finland) and I also got a big fat nothing. So my reaction was "meh".
I actually just thought of something it could be. I bet someone has thought of it before me and I'm just too lazy to read the whole thread, but I think they could be making a standalone streamer based on the CI board. But then again, that would make sense and the release was supposed to be unreasonable.
(09-Oct-2018, 07:38)ola_jonsson Wrote: Wink Wink Wink 
Well, having an announcement going public at different times all over the world is really...unreasonable
Wink 
Timer still live here in Stockholm, which is the same time zone as Paris. So, let's be reasonable and wait for the unreasonable until 10.00, which is 1h and 27 minutes from when I'm typing this.
So, what will it be? Hardly a french TV box for a french tripple play supplier. I'm hoping for smaller and substantially less costly phantoms..
..but soon we will know, unless their web guru has mistaken the date for the timer so they rteally did mean men October 10
Wink 
Cheers!
/Ola

Ola,

We don't have an announcement going public at different times all over the world. What we have is countdown timers which supposedly are counting down to the announcement all timing out at different times all over the world because Devialet failed to set the timers to 10.00 am 9 October Paris time but rather to 9.00 am 9 October ***LOCAL TIME*** so there's 24 different time outs for the countdown but nothing is happening when 23 of those time outs happen.

It's all down to incompetence in designing the web page functions.

Just think, 24 time zones and some of them have the timer run out and get nothing like jig and I did, then those in the Paris time zone have the timer run out and get the announcement and then in the rest of the time zones the timers are still going to be busy counting down with 1 or more hours to go when suddenly the announcement is probably going to go live  before they expect it.

It's sad but Devialet has no sense of how time works around the world and how to implement a count down timer on a web page.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
It now just states „It“s Time“
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
51 minutes to go here in the UK until we see the "It's Time" message. #Excited
It’s going to be a telly with Devialet sound I guess.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

[Image: 467357827f2508cac736a12ee774b97e.jpg]:’( Mini one

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
I will stop complaining about their software anymore. If they do a mistake of a time function in javascript, I don't want to know the details of the product software.

I know it is not the same thing but this shows the mindset of the company actually. Seems like quick and dirty is much better than stable and proper. And this sickness is not something specific for them. It is the problem of the software development cycles in almost all the startup companies. But it is pity to see that they have this nice hardware and they don't have proper talent or proper time slots to match the software.
(09-Oct-2018, 09:08)blair.athol Wrote: It now just states „It“s Time“

Well, I was going to say that that's exactly what I'm seeing but that there's no website menu and no access to anything at all on the website apart from an announcement that "It's Time".

I tried reloading the page but that did nothing so I closed that browser window and opened a new window and opened the web page in the new window. Now I'm back to the question "How will you react?" and a spinning circle where the timer used to be. Basically the web page is now broken.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
The clock is finish , it say // It is time //. Too What ?
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,