Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from Devialet? Countdown on website
I really like this. It’s still expensive but when you look at the size of it... wow! If it sounds as good as it’s bigger brethren then it will be stupendous. 

Looking forward to auditioning one.  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I had lots of disappointment with Devialet thinking that the Expert line is not on the top of the list anymore and we will be seeing more emphasis on Phantom line in the future. This has proven that I was right. I was right as well that all recently  offered expert upgrades not even included support of DSD 128 and DSD 256 playback. I am happy that few weeks back i have purchased a new Auralic VEGA G2 DAC and stopped dreaming about Devialet's future on expert line. (note I'm NOT working for Auralic or any other Audio Hi-Fi company)

Cheers!

esom
Melco N1ZH60 + AQ Diamond USB and LAN + D440 Pro CI + SF Amati Futura II + AQ Jitterbug + Auralic VEGA G2+ Kimber Monocle XL+Jriver+Roon+AQ Niagara 1000
Would be nice for surround setup in conjunction with expert. At least a support for 5.5 or 7.7 (i like the .5, .7 Smile ) to setup oneself and not with special request support by DEVIALET would be nice.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Next time it must be something too expert Line , we bye opgrade so now many have Pro models , now must devialet , give os something that we Can say hurra hurra , and Think we get some Real thing for ours Money , devialet ovn os. For all Those people who use turntable ,a better phonostage With no hiss, or something Else, just something.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
... and the winner is iamwappie, the first to suggest the small Phantoms!
He deserves one.
How about Devialet just cut the countdown as well as '......UNREASONNABLE' slogan and makes a 'NORMAL' announcement of its new product?!

Expert users, like me, as well as (Big) Phantom users would have thought it would be firmware update/APP update/ground breaking innovation but found that later it's only a smaller Phantom.
I understand the desapointment, we are used to expect more features from Devialet to ours Pro models, they have always created this kind of expectation. Let´s see what´s coming next... and when.
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1279783698
(09-Oct-2018, 11:57)alaw Wrote:
(09-Oct-2018, 10:34)esom Wrote: I had lots of disappointment with Devialet thinking that the Expert line is not on the top of the list anymore and we will be seeing more emphasis on Phantom line in the future. This has proven that I was right. I was right as well that all recently  offered expert upgrades not even included support of DSD 128 and DSD 256 playback. I am happy that few weeks back i have purchased a new Auralic VEGA G2 DAC and stopped dreaming about Devialet's future on expert line. (note I'm NOT working for Auralic or any other Audio Hi-Fi company)

Cheers!

esom
One should always buy something for what it does now, not what it's promised to do (perhaps) sometime in the future. Companies often get distracted for one reason or another, and move on before delivering on their promises. Honestly, Auralic is guilty of this as well.

Roon RAAT, that's all I want form Devialet... it's long promised. Hopefully now that they've introduced their "Reactor", they can get back to working on Expert Pro software enhancements. I'm still hopeful for something before Christmas.

I'm not even sure they ever promised DSD rates higher than 64.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Looks nice. I just bought a Dynaudio Music and I'm interested in finding out how much better the Devialet will be. Who knows I'll buy it...

... although still a bit pricey.

We'll see. It's nice to see that they delivered a new product for a new segment of customers. Can only be a good thing.