Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from Devialet? Countdown on website
New Phantom, a small one. Reactor. I suppose it's using the same version of Spark.
Devialet Website is down but hi-fi website released reviews at 10:00 Paris time.

For instance: https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/deviale...om-reactor
So what is the big deal? It must be a challenge for them to make a smaller size Phantom. But it is not a breakthrough of anything new. And what is unreasonable is the ‘countdown’ game and still ‘high expectation but not so impressive delivery’..
If i is a small phantom How many need that? I am a expert ovner and for expert ovners there is nothing , the air goes out of the Ballong.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
Video 
(09-Oct-2018, 09:27)Bbnsound Wrote: Devialet Website is down but hi-fi website released reviews at 10:00 Paris time.

For instance: https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/deviale...om-reactor

And that's it? Yawn,
I like that product, I think it's a smart move.
It will introduce new customers to Devialet. It's a (hopefully) better sounding competition to Apple HomePod, Sonos Play 5 etc. So they will probably address to get one piece of the cake from the "average consumers".
Hence, more people will consider Devialet when buying a small speaker and probably later upgrade to the Phantom Premier line.

Excited to listen to one of them.
(09-Oct-2018, 09:32)G51 Wrote: So what is the big deal? It must be a challenge for them to make a smaller size Phantom. But it is not a breakthrough of anything new. And what is unreasonable is the ‘countdown’ game and still ‘high expectation but not so impressive delivery’..

Ok, so they for sure need to improve their marketing machine, so Devialet managers, for the next time, please..

- do not display counters with different end times
- when counter goes to zero, do not just display, "it's time", make something happen
- when reloading the page, I got first an error, so website sort of down. ok, we might be a few people interested in this, but enough to crash a website, no, that's simply unreasonable

As far as the product itself, well, smaller but not so much cheaper. The 900 is at the same price as the white phantom, the 600 is less, but enough to make it a big seller..well, we will see.
/Ola
And an analogue input which is good, and no need for dialogue by the sounds of it.

Although you can’t use a pair until 2019.... so an unfinished product for anyone looking for stereo

Most odd
The new site works down in Australia. I got exited when I found they have a 3.5mm input and thought about selling my Kef LS50 Wireless and get some mini Phantoms...until I saw the price; $1990.- and $2490.- for a single speaker. I'll stick with the Kefs.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.