Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Air for macOS Catalina?
(03-Nov-2020, 17:54)aftonomos Wrote: Just using Air Play to stream,  works perfectly.

If you've got Audirvana, Audirvana + UPnP is the way to go to avoid AirPlay downsampling.
(21-Aug-2020, 15:16)PeppaPig Wrote: My AIR is working on Catalina... it shouldn’t... I installed it on Majovo and upgraded it to Catalina, and I found AIR is still working.

Yes, that works if you installed AIR before upgrading to Catalina. But it will fail when you further upgrade to Big Sur.
There is already a new version compatible with 64bit app architecture. You can download it from Devialet's website. And yes, there was a workaround, you were able to install in 32bit operating system like Mojave and then upgrade it to Catalina and it was working after a warning.
Just an heads up, I updated one of my Macs to Big Sur and Devialet AIR 3.0.5 has stopped working.

It was too much to see it working in Catalina for a month Sad(

Did you file a ticket?
Yes, I did immediately, I am waiting a response.
I wrote to the guy in charge of this at Devialet. They are aware of it. Hope it won't take long...
The Lost Recordings & Fondamenta Music Labels
Devialet 1000 Pro, Focal Stella, Riffaud Saturn Turntable, Lyra Atlas, Ortofon Synergy, Miyajima Zero, Whest Audio Reference V Phono Preamp, Absolue Creations Tim-Reference Cables, 
Devialet 220, Focal Diablo Evo, Absolue Creations Ul-tim cables
Phantom Gold + White tree
Phantom Reactor 900
(02-Nov-2020, 11:48)Phoenix Wrote: Hello Guys ! I tried to install Air 3.0.5 on Mac OS 10.15.7... Impossible to charge the virtual sound card... Am I the only one in this case?

@Phoenix

I have the same issue. It used to work before the recent update on Catalina (Not sure if it was 10.15.7 or just an additional update on 10.15.7).
To make it clear it was working in October when they released the fix for Catalina, about a month ago (during the same time of the release of the new firmware and the new IOS remote app)
Today when I launch the application, I can connect to my Devialet as usual but when I play music (on Itunes/Music) it will disconnect the Devialet. When I looked at the System Preferences/Sound, I can see that the Devialet Air is connected but when playing music it will switch to another output automatically...

Should I write a ticket? Obviously Devialet is not taking care of the Air drive seriously anymore.

Thanks
philoouu
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
(16-Nov-2020, 11:01)Phoenix Wrote: I wrote to the guy in charge of this at Devialet. They are aware of it. Hope it won't take long...

Same issue here: Big Sur (11.1) is causing me problem's with loading Air 3.05.0. Filed a ticket, no answer yet.
@Phoenix: Are you still hoping?
Anyone else succeeded in loading the virtual sound card?
... in the meantime I use Airplay

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Even latest Catalina does not work...
I guess many people are giving up on Air as it became unreliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100