Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One week countdown...
(05-Oct-2020, 13:15)YYZ Wrote: Just saw the press release.  Devialet Expert2 is launched along with Core Infinity2.  And the Expert line now only in Matte Black enclosure.  Upgrade program to be launched soon for existing Expert Pro owners.  Pricing is as of yet unavailable.  New streamer board will include integration with all major streaming services.  New iOS app also coming, along with a new configurator application.  Devialet Expert2/Core Infinity2 and new/updated apps will be available on April 1, 2021.

Yes would be great if you could share it! Does it say anything about the possibility to upgrade for D120, D200 or D400 users?
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
I think it is not yet April 1st...
(05-Oct-2020, 13:42)Vivialet Wrote: Je pense que ce n'est pas encore le 1er avril ...

Well said
Roon/Devialet Air/HTPC USB => Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity => Nordost Frey 2/strap Norse 2 => BW 802 D3
It’s a bit early for April Fool’s day
Devialet 220 pro expert; Focal 1028 Be; Rega RP6; Ortofon Quintet Black
(05-Oct-2020, 13:15)YYZ Wrote: Just saw the press release.  Devialet Expert2 is launched along with Core Infinity2.  And the Expert line now only in Matte Black enclosure.  Upgrade program to be launched soon for existing Expert Pro owners.  Pricing is as of yet unavailable.  New streamer board will include integration with all major streaming services.  New iOS app also coming, along with a new configurator application.  Devialet Expert2/Core Infinity2 and new/updated apps will be available on April 1, 2021.

April 1, 2021!!!  Wink Big Grin Undecided Rolleyes Tongue
Synology DS414 > Roon Optimized Core Kit on NUC7i7BNH > Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI (upgraded from D120) > Cabasse Galion IV (vintage)
Asked a question about the "My Product" pages before the weekend. Just received this reaction:

Don't worry, our website is currently under maintenance for some big changes.

Currently, certain manipulations are therefore not possible (product registration, products that disappear, registration of Devialet Care or connection to your account from the application).

This will not change your use of the Phantom Premier and Reactor, nor your Care, which you can still activate after maintenance (even if the registration deadline is slightly exceeded). Your products will appear again.

I invite you to try again in 15 days, and if the problem persists, please come back to us.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Of course existing Expert owners will get 50% discount because they never delivered on the Expert pro series *narf*

Why would we now trust they will deliver on promises made?

Also, sound improvements, given an already great product, will be not the main selling feature but more the services offered for streaming?

Edit: Maybe we have a working Expert pro app again on the 1st of April next year. And maybe that will support only the Expert2 series. Sorry for the sarcasm.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
I emaild them and told them i’m thinking of buying an D220 pro second hand and sell my D200 (wich is true by the way). Asked them if there an update is coming and they coukd profide me with some info. Thus was their reaction:

“Even if I don't have all information, there is no hardware version of Expert planned by now. I guess you already know Expert, and i know you will love how the V6 hardware rings on Expert Pro, it's a safe investissement!”
(05-Oct-2020, 18:11)KraaijCheck Wrote: I emaild them and told them i’m thinking of buying an D220 pro second hand and sell my D200 (wich is true by the way). Asked them if there an update is coming and they coukd profide me with some info. Thus was their reaction:

“Even if I don't have all information, there is no hardware version of Expert planned by now. I guess you already know Expert, and i know you will love how the V6 hardware rings on Expert Pro, it's a safe investissement!”

So the new Expert 2 range is a software upgrade only? Sounds strange to me
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(05-Oct-2020, 18:45)iamwappie Wrote:
(05-Oct-2020, 18:11)KraaijCheck Wrote: I emaild them and told them i’m thinking of buying an D220 pro second hand and sell my D200 (wich is true by the way). Asked them if there an update is coming and they coukd profide me with some info. Thus was their reaction:

So the new Expert 2 range is a software upgrade only? Sounds strange to me

Nobody from Devialet confirmed the expert 2 range. I asked the dutch devialet importer and he didn’t know anything about a possible new expert range. Website is working normal again so don’t think the expert 2 range is real for now. In a alst email they confirmed a new firmware update is in the making.