Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One week countdown...
Not sure if someone already mentioned this: there is also a new version of AIR driver in the download section for macOS 3.0.5 (Catalina)
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Dirac also corrects the phase and impulse response which cannot be done with a parametric EQ.
@markush I am not sure how Dirac will benefit if they only extract the EQ treatment results from their measurements. Their business model makes money based on the license of the DSP, their measurement tool is free to use. Still, I don't see possibility of a use case that combines Dirac and Sweet room.

@Vivialet you are right, Dirac is not about EQ only, that's why it only works with licensed/their own processors.

@KraaijCheck they have sent a newsletter mentioning it but it wasn't available yesterday. But I am glad to hear that they fixed one of the big frustration points. They should do a customer coffee session with us, I want to thank the engineers for this. (As you know I publicly dislike their leadership team haha)
Only the IOS14 app still remaining to get fixed! Hopefully soon. Since Air is working on Catalina now, I do need the app when not using Roon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
That's a shame they didn't update the AIR driver for windows as well... the actual version makes randomly crash windows 10.
Roon/Devialet Air/HTPC USB => Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity => Nordost Frey 2/strap Norse 2 => BW 802 D3
There is a list of pending things, not only features but also big bugs/issues. It will be wonderful to be communicated about their strategy. If they are aware and they will have a trend of fixing/addressing/updating/adding things, there is no need to moan, I am more than happy to support them with the QA duties and helping them for the reproduction steps. We just want their attention to the product and it seems like it is here. I hope the rest of the list is a matter of time to address.
which bugs are pending ? The only bug affecting me is fixed (sub off after startup). The Ethernet bug seems to be fixed as well.
(07-Oct-2020, 13:34)Vivialet Wrote: which bugs are pending ? The only bug affecting me is fixed (sub off after startup). The Ethernet bug seems to be fixed as well.

Nothing mentioned about these ones:
  • Random crashes in the unit (when I check the unit's error screen, time to time I see an error and I have to restart my unit, as it is a silent crash, impossible to know when and why happened)
  • UPnP doesn't appear in the players. Randomly (especially when you use AIR frequently) Devialet doesn't show up as a UPnP renderer. It will take some days to appear back in the list based on nothing. 
  • When you have bitrate changes in your playlist, Devialet AIR will go on mute/crash? and you will need to restart the unit or deselect and select the Devialet from the menubar of the Devialet AIR tool again to work around the issue. 
  • You CAN'T disable ethernet input. Even if you switch off the Ethernet input, whenever you plug a cable unit will be automatically disconnect from Wifi and try to use the Ethernet. (without CI, it was capable to keep both Ethernet and WIFI connections together, it was an handy feature for me as I was streaming via cable but controlling the power with the Expert App) 
  • When you install a new config, the device can't connect to network for a while. (When you reach the IP address of the device, it says configuring and it stalls in that mode for ages if you don't remove the SDCARD) and restart the unit and then install the config again. You can see that the device will get and leave the IP address again and again in that situation if you follow the screen of the unit. 
  • AIRPLAY is gonna randomly stop and when you try to reconnect it won't until you restart the unit. 
Maybe some of them are already solved but nothing has mentioned in the release notes.

And these are the features pending:
  • Bluetooth is not working (promised but not implemented) (I would use it with my TV time to time)
  • Devialet AIR: Windows instability
  • Devialet Remote App: iOS not working
  • Devialet Remote App: The volume control is inactive before streaming starts
I'm not using Airplay, but uPnP and AIR are working without issues for me (mostly using Roon RAAT anyway). Also after changing the configuration I have not any issues.
Nothing is crashing, I have also no problems with the amps.
Maybe you have some random interruptions or peaks in the power line ? Or a defective unit ?
My amps have crashed once in the last years, but there also the lights were flickering. Never happened again since.

For me only the iOS app is currently missing, but I expect a new version soon. And I'm not using it, so I don't really care.
(07-Oct-2020, 14:01)Vivialet Wrote: I'm not using Airplay, but uPnP and AIR are working without issues for me (mostly using Roon RAAT anyway). Also after changing the configuration I have not any issues.
Nothing is crashing, I have also no problems with the amps.
Maybe you have some random interruptions or peaks in the power line ? Or a defective unit ?
My amps have crashed once in the last years, but there also the lights were flickering. Never happened again since.

For me only the iOS app is currently missing, but I expect a new version soon. And I'm not using it, so I don't really care.

I am in the same boat. Everything works except the iOS remote app in combination with iOS 14. I'll just keep one iOS device on 13.6 until they fix it...