Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One week countdown...
In the end Mathieu and the team execute tasks provided by the Management. So in the end it’s all about them and their perception & goal setting.
(22-May-2020, 01:48)David A Wrote: A bit of history. markush posts a comment that Devialet are testing a beta FW release that is supposed to fix the RAAT bug. A whi le later sam1000 posts that he’s testing the beta and it fixes the RAAT bug. Wait a bit more and bernardi posts that we can expect something shortly and soon after that sam1000 posts again, tells us to be patient, and mentions room correction which hasn’t been mentioned by anyone prior to now in this recent chain of posts.

Hi David:
Just a small correction. I'm not doing any beta testing. I hope I was chosen as a beta tester, but I'm not a good candidate for that. I have not faced the RAAT bug as others because my Devialet is connected to wireless.
It was a post from Saint0 which said that he is beta testing. I quoted him and asked how did he get the beta software in this post. Room correction is on my wishlist for a long time. I haven't had any communication with Devialet about Room Correction or new firmware. I am in the same boat as rest of us. My reference to Room correction was a poor fishing attempt to see if any of the actual beta testers like my post :-)
Cheers
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
@sam1000

Thanks for the correction. I've edited my original post to show Saint0 as the author of the second post I mentioned. Sorry for getting it wrong.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
When expectations are not met people become disappointed. So with Devialet it’s probably best to not have any/too many/too high expectations.. Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(23-May-2020, 13:39)Antoine Wrote: When expectations are not met people become disappointed. So with Devialet it’s probably best to not have any/too many/too high expectations.. Wink

Ah, the missing beatitude from the sermon on the mount: "Blessed are they who expect nothing for verily they shall not be disappointed".   Smile

Sad but true.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(07-May-2020, 12:38)Flashman Wrote: There was some chatter awhile back about the possibility of a software release for Expert Pro customers around the time of the Munich High-End Show, originally planned for May 14-17 before it was cancelled due to the Corona-virus situation.  We are now one week from that cancelled show.  Additionally, an OP purportedly was beta-testing a fix for the gigabit Ethernet issue that some of us have experienced with Roon.

So, fingers crossed, let's see whether something transpires in quick order...

What I heared from someone close to Devialet France, is that an Expert model below the 120 will come out, perhaps ment to be presented in Munich.
As I complained about the absence of new software releases for my Expert (one of the reasons I bought the device), the answer was that all the software guys at Devialet are (or at least were) very busy with sorting out all the problems in the Phantom software.

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
(23-May-2020, 23:41)RvdH Wrote:
(07-May-2020, 12:38)Flashman Wrote: There was some chatter awhile back about the possibility of a software release for Expert Pro customers around the time of the Munich High-End Show, originally planned for May 14-17 before it was cancelled due to the Corona-virus situation.  We are now one week from that cancelled show.  Additionally, an OP purportedly was beta-testing a fix for the gigabit Ethernet issue that some of us have experienced with Roon.

What I heared from someone close to Devialet France, is that an Expert model below the 120 will come out, perhaps ment to be presented in Munich.
As I complained about the absence of new software releases for my Expert (one of the reasons I bought the device), the answer was that all the software guys at Devialet are (or at least were) very busy with sorting out all the problems in the Phantom software. 

I would find it odd to bring out another new Expert when the firmware it needs to be auditioned with isn't finished yet. They're meant to have Bluetooth ability and having to skip through half a dozen not used inputs isn't something you will find on even the cheapest of products. If I were in the market for a 'super integrated' that would be something I would like to see fixed before I'd commit to purchasing.
When the original Experts came out, they were well ahead of the competition in sound quality and user friendliness. I would go as far as to say the Expert range was the gold standard the competition looked up to. The only other product I can think of that's had such a large following (And I would assume sales numbers) is the KEF LS50. As far as I know the sound quality of the Expert is still right up there with the competition lucky to get close and even luckier to surpass Devialet. But so many companies have brought out super integrated's that if you were shopping now, you would have lots of choice. All it takes to not buy an Expert on sound quality alone is a bad setup in a shop that doesn't show its quality. That's a sale of a very competent amp going to the competition just because you can't get the firmware right. That would be a petty. 

Then there's the dealers who will inevitably have to deal with the after sales complaints. Too many complaints and a dealer will start looking at alternatives to sell.
They must be selling an awful lot of Phantoms if that where all their attention is going.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(24-May-2020, 02:03)Pim Wrote:
(23-May-2020, 23:41)RvdH Wrote:

I would find it odd to bring out another new Expert when the firmware it needs to be auditioned with isn't finished yet. They're meant to have Bluetooth ability and having to skip through half a dozen not used inputs isn't something you will find on even the cheapest of products. If I were in the market for a 'super integrated' that would be something I would like to see fixed before I'd commit to purchasing.
When the original Experts came out, they were well ahead of the competition in sound quality and user friendliness. I would go as far as to say the Expert range was the gold standard the competition looked up to. The only other product I can think of that's had such a large following (And I would assume sales numbers) is the KEF LS50. As far as I know the sound quality of the Expert is still right up there with the competition lucky to get close and even luckier to surpass Devialet. But so many companies have brought out super integrated's that if you were shopping now, you would have lots of choice. All it takes to not buy an Expert on sound quality alone is a bad setup in a shop that doesn't show its quality. That's a sale of a very competent amp going to the competition just because you can't get the firmware right. That would be a petty. 

Then there's the dealers who will inevitably have to deal with the after sales complaints. Too many complaints and a dealer will start looking at alternatives to sell.
They must be selling an awful lot of Phantoms if that where all their attention is going.

I don’t know whether they are selling many phantoms or thinking they should be selling more and correctly analyzing that a key reason for not selling as many as they should is the word of the mouth about subpar software quality?...

I hope for them it’s the former.

I am not sure they have realized that customer support nowadays means to never ever have to call customer support.

Regardless, the reality is that us expert line customers have been incredibly patient with them. And this patience is soon coming to an end.

cheers,
bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Absolutely agree - and would even say if the next software update is not showing a considerable engagement of Devialet then things really are really to worry. For years Devialet knows about the lack of Expert line - and the stuff that we have been exchanging with them at events to Mathieu and the team on many occasions.
So it‘s either they finally take care of Expert line anymore or not.
To sum it up: 2020 will be a crucial year where are they heading to. Further mass market orientation that more and more takes all the resources available.
I do think what is so sad, also to founding team members of Devialet, is the lack of innovation. From the very start of this company, this was in their DNA and made what is Devialet. But to see so little happening (it’s along the new profit oriented strategy all about business cooperations, market share extension etc) is not just disappointing for the employees but especially for customers.
To be ahead of the competition once has turned into neglecting R&D though with the takeover of LV there should be far more budget and a focus to what made Devialet so great.
Usually by the time they release new stuff, they finally fix software for the other models.
They fixed the white noise bug just before the Pro's were launched for example.
Not sure, but it might be to avoid people complaining too much on these forums and below the new reviews.
So hopefully for you guys a new software update is finally on the way...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)