Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One week countdown...
The expensive CI upgrade that many of us paid dearly for a few years ago promised a platform, sort of a "Devialet OS" which allows for promises of all sorts of features in the future.

I paid thousands of dollars with the sole reason of not being "left behind".

But since the upgrade, they basically took the money and never to be seen again.

I went from D180 to D440, I bought when the Euro was at its peak, my total investment of these slowly dying platform is north of USD 23K if I am not mistaken.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

I used to own the dCS Debussy for 8 years, during that time they went from a maximum of 24/96 to 24/192 to DSD over DoP and dual AES and many more.

I think even now they still kept updating and I believe it is over 10 years old now.

And the only time I had to pay for an upgrade is a board to suppoer 24/192, and the cost was under $200 US dollars, and the UK dealer happened to be in Hong Kong and replaced the board on site for a few of their customers free of charge.

Devialet is the complete opposite
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

I don't think they do these intentionally, as I mentioned before, they probably had to take some hard decisions in 2018 and it mainly hit the Expert line as it was the one had lots of promises given. In the end, because of one or the other reason, they really reached the state of being paralyzed. I don't know how they see and read the situation but they clearly couldn't deliver any simple update for their Expert line for the last 2 years (yes 2019 Feb was the final release but don't forget it was a rolling stone from the September 2018 firmware bug fixes). They released CI board and left the door open with a lot of promises but just after that moment, probably they had a big change in the plans otherwise all this process doesn't make sense at all.

Anyway, there are a few people keep telling us there is an upcoming update but we will see if that update will be the one last final gift or will it put the things on track and will provide a healthy ground for the platform. I really want to see them being product-driven (not marketing-driven) as I really hate the marketing-driving companies as their only concern is their capital and they even don't know their own products/its potential most of the time and starting from 2018 all I see is their marketing deals...
(20-May-2020, 11:47)bernardl Wrote: I got some encouraging comments from Devialet recently that I cannot detail but that go in the right direction.

Cheers,
Bernard

Bernard,

This comment is not an attack on you, and I'm glad to have your comment, BUT…

This is typical Devialet in a way. They refuse to communicate with owners publicly despite numerous promises to do so, but when the heat builds up they give someone a bit of info on a one to one basis almost certainly with the intention that that person will spread the word in this way. Devialet has said nothing publicly, there's nothing we can hold them to if nothing happens. There's nothing you can hold them to if nothing happens, they can just say that whoever told you what they did was mistaken. There's absolutely nothing here that any of us can rely on because there's nothing that anyone can point to and say that an official statement wasn't honoured.

I have no doubt you received encouraging comments. I simply think that this is Devialet using random individuals in a dishonest way for their own purpose. If they want to be honest they should come out and make a public statement telling all owners what they're telling one or two owners, and make a public commitment that they can be criticises about if they don't deliver instead of leaving an individual owner with egg on their face for getting the hopes of other owners up.

Do I think something is coming? Yes, I do. I'm just really annoyed to see Devialet using this type of approach to dealing with their customers. It's a dishonest technique in my view.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Hi David,

I totally agree that Devialet needs to improve significantly the way they communicate to the public.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Bernard,

What I should have included in my earlier post is that you're the third person to come out with a comment like this in the last few months. The first was someone, I think it was Markush, who said that Devialet were testing a beta firmware that fixed the gigabit ethernet RAAT issue. The second came a bit later when someone, I can't remember who, posted that they were testing the beta and it did fix the bug with RAAT. If I remember correctly one of those posts hinted at a release timed to coincide with the dates when the Munich show had been scheduled for prior to its cancellation. We're now past that date, there's been nothing official, and we get another hint, this time from you.

That's why I'm so annoyed about this approach. It seems to be drop a hint via an unofficial source, when that hint starts to look suspect because of non-delivery, drop another similar hint and when that hint can't be delivered on, drop yet another hint. Each time a different person gets used, and it's that person who becomes the person associated with the statement rather than Devialet who sit back in silence and can claim to have said nothing because there has been no official statement.

If you had been the first to post the kind of comment you did, I'd have been quite heartened by the news as I was with the first such post a while ago. It was great to hear that something was actually happening. 2 similar posts from different people staggered over some time now with nothing having actually happened and these hints start to take on a very different appearance. I think we're definitely at the point where the next thing we see needs to be something official out of Devialet, preferably an actual firmware release and preferably a bug free one, rather than another hint from a user who just happens to have been told something that Devialet are avoiding saying publicly.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I definitely agree and whenever I have the chance to speak to Devialet management (which unfortunately changed quite a bit over the years) I keep telling them about the importance of a solid communication.
At least over all the years whenever I said something about things going on it was true. So gladly they are working but of course the progress is definitely disappointing - especially when taking into account how long we are waiting for major bugs to get fixed, delivering on even publicly made promises etc.
For sure Corona also changed their schedule and resource planing too. But my personal estimation is that we see something released in the next weeks.
(21-May-2020, 00:13)markush Wrote: ........But my personal estimation is that we see something released in the next weeks.
That is an indefinite period of time.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
I feel we are doomed to repeat this type of discussion forever. Sure, I do believe Devialet will release ... something. Will it be soon and will it address top concerns? Time will tell, but their track record and total lack of communication speaks volumes.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
One has to wonder whether any of those here who apparently post subtle snippets of insider information (keeping many on tenterhooks), are simply Devialet stooges. Who knows? The thought occurred to me because even their predictions seem to have no fruition. Just a way of stringing us along?
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.