Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One week countdown...
Well for those who are members here for quite some time know the members and their reputation.
Also for example my track records. I also encourage people to try to get in touch with Devialet also on a public basis via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. As well as with their management and key staff on LinkedIn.
I can assure you that I have no connection with Devialet or anybody else in the audio world.

I am just a regular customer unhappy about some of the long lasting issues impacting what I think are in essence amazing products.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
So why not share a bit more of what you got?
(21-May-2020, 22:17)markush Wrote: So why not share a bit more of what you got?

Devialet might have shared some tidbits in confidentiality. Not a good idea to share it in a forum. Lets be patient. I really hope they have incorporated room correction since it has taken them a while to build the new firmware. Fingers crossed.  Like my post if you know its true :-)
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
A bit of history. markush posts a comment that Devialet are testing a beta FW release that is supposed to fix the RAAT bug. A while later Saint0 (Edited- correction, see post #43) posts that he’s testing the beta and it fixes the RAAT bug. Wait a bit more and bernardi posts that we can expect something shortly and soon after that sam1000  tells us to be patient and mentions room correction which hasn’t been mentioned by anyone prior to now in this recent chain of posts.

Note that Devialet is a company that has regularly promised to improve its communication with owners but so far has failed to do so. They have said virtually nothing about firmware for the Expert Pro series for over 15 months now since the last firmware release, they have failed to deliver fixes for several known bugs, and they still have one promised feature of the Expert Pro series yet to be delivered,

It’s obvious that they don’t want to tell owners anything officially yet 3 different members here have posted info received from Devialet, each bit telling us a little bit more in a way that adds up to a really nice tease about what’s coming. If Devialet didn’t want us to get this info they wouldn’t have dropped hints to some individuals. I don’t think the 3 members who posted comments here are deliberately doing what Devialet asked them to do but I do know that if you want to keep something confidential you don’t tell anyone about it and tell them it’s “in confidence” because if you do that sooner or later someone will say something and the story will come out.

Now if Devialet didn’t want anything to come out, they would have told their staff to stop saying things after markush’s original post. It seems they didn’t because there have been 3 more posts since then and each of them added another detail to the picture. I’m sure other people have been told as well, and may have posted something somewhere else, and I’m sure that some people have been told and kept what they were told in confidence.

I think Devialet is deliberately leaking info they do not want to commit to publicly. I don’t know why they’re doing that but we’re seeing more “hints” dropped in a short time than I can remember and each hint builds on the earlier ones and. because of that it’s hard to not see this as a deliberate strategy.

I think it’s a dishonest strategy. If Devialet wants owners to know something then they should make a public statement by email or on their own website, not leak a bit to someone and then another bit to someone else a little later, and keep doing that without committing themselves to anything definite. This is definitely not the way for them to improve their communication in my view.

In my opinion anyone who gets told something by Devialet that should be general knowledge amongst all owners should stop playing Devialet’s game. If the info is supposed to be in confidence then keep it confidential and don’t drop hints. Don’t do Devialet’s work for them. If they want everyone to know, make them do the work and release the info publicly. If they’re providing staggered leaks like it looks like they are, then whatever they’re giving you “in confidence”  is something they want you to leak and why should you be the person to spread the info and open yourself up to accusations that you leaked confidential info.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(21-May-2020, 22:55)sam1000 Wrote:
(21-May-2020, 22:17)markush Wrote: So why not share a bit more of what you got?

Devialet might have shared some tidbits in confidentiality. Not a good idea to share it in a forum. Lets be patient. I really hope they have incorporated room correction since it has taken them a while to build the new firmware. Fingers crossed.  Like my post if you know its true :-)

I hope they won't bring a built-in room correction as I have requested it constantly for 3 years and every time they have replied me back with not having it in their upcoming roadmap. I gave up and purchased a brand new Mac Mini + USB mic + Dirac Live 2.0 license, if I see them releasing a room correction feature after 3 years of refuse, I will be again frustrated.

As you can see, for good or bad, all the ways are finishing in the same line: frustration because of a lack of proper communication! I mean seriously, I am already frustrated after spending 2K for a system that causes me to depend on a computer to play music... Now I hear that there is a possibility of having the thing that has been chased and always being clearly told, it is not coming for the last 3 years. Come on Devialet!
(22-May-2020, 01:48)David A Wrote: I think it’s a dishonest strategy. If Devialet wants owners to know something then they should make a public statement by email or on their own website, not leak a bit to someone and then another bit to someone else a little later, and keep doing that without committing themselves to anything definite. This is definitely not the way for them to improve their communication in my view.
I am with David A on this point.  Angry

I started this thread as whispers from people supposedly in the know thought the firmware update might drop around the time of the cancelled Munich Hi-End Show, now sadly passed.

We've really wasted so much breath without any recent word from Devialet about the future.  We can all more or less agree that we love the performance of our units but it's a pity to have been promised increased CI functionality, not to mention a needed bug fix, and not have any communication from Devialet since the July 17, 2019 event at Oxford Audio when the company's Mathieu Pernot answered questions from participants.  Thanks to @thumb5 for the helpful Q&A that he posted at the time (link here).   It's instructive to know that Mathieu's communication was not memorialized by Devialet in a broad communication to the installed base.  One had to be in the know -- on Devialet Chat -- to be privileged with this communication.  Just not a good way to deal with loyal customers, IMHO.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Perhaps Devialet could take a leaf out of Auralic's (or T+A, or Lumin) book. I had several Auralic products, including an Altair (original version) and a Vega G1 streaming DAC. The CEO of Auralic was always present in the forums, answering advanced tech questions or discussing upcoming releases of the firmware or their Lightning DS software. This greatly helps reduce users' frustration or anxiety and it makes prople feel justified in their investment (and in their patience)...
The same with Roon - great community and Danny COO is always around providing great feedback.
I think their CEO is busy with Huawei and Sky deals and probably more are in the pipeline. It is much easier to achieve and saves the yearly budget in front of the investors. Hopefully thei investors will start to question their product approach one day...