Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One week countdown...
(02-Jun-2020, 12:40)aproo Wrote: What’s the possibility of Devialet not updating the Expert firmware again?

How would we know?  Devialet is not big on communicating... anything... ever.  

There are numerous "rumors" posted here on DC.   I personally was told by Dev support in response to a ticket I submitted that a) there is a firmware in process and b) it does NOT attempt to address the Roon RAAT gigabit issue.   That was months ago.  There is a more recent post by a beta user that says the latest beta does fix the Roon RAAT problem.   As @David A said, there are others. So pick what and who you want to believe.   

My guess is that we will someday see a firmware release.  We're now close to 16 months since the last one.   So... just picture a time in the not so distant future where we are actively engaged in discussing just how awesome the latest firmware release is...   Yeah, me neither.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
My question was more rhetorical than trying elicit any information. Being a new owner I'm prepared for the fact that Devialet has all but given up on the Expert.
(03-Jun-2020, 06:24)alaw Wrote:
(03-Jun-2020, 03:44)aproo Wrote: Being a new owner I'm prepared for the fact that Devialet has all but given up on the Expert.
Yes, I think that's the truth of the matter... there may be a couple of outstanding issues, and perhaps a broken promise or two, but I think the Expert line is basically mature and Devialet have simply moved onto other (more profitable?) things.

I was told by a group of staff at the Devialet store in Rue Saumur (the flagship store in Paris) on 27 October 2018 that Phantom software was being updated and then a new OS for Expert was going to be developed and an app that controlled all Devialet devices. They suggested about a year - around October 2019. 

None of that happened but, frankly, with the Roon Ready update in  February 2019, I don't see much point in any new software.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(03-Jun-2020, 12:38)ssfas Wrote:
(03-Jun-2020, 06:24)alaw Wrote:
(03-Jun-2020, 03:44)aproo Wrote: Being a new owner I'm prepared for the fact that Devialet has all but given up on the Expert.
Yes, I think that's the truth of the matter... there may be a couple of outstanding issues, and perhaps a broken promise or two, but I think the Expert line is basically mature and Devialet have simply moved onto other (more profitable?) things.

I was told by a group of staff at the Devialet store in Rue Saumur (the flagship store in Paris) on 27 October 2018 that Phantom software was being updated and then a new OS for Expert was going to be developed and an app that controlled all Devialet devices. They suggested about a year - around October 2019. 

None of that happened but, frankly, with the Roon Ready update in  February 2019, I don't see much point in any new software.
+1 I've been told the same as you !... Last week I've sent a request to Devialet Support, asking when the bluetooth connectivity will be activated on Expert (it's still promised as a coming feature on the website). They answered me that they are unable to communicate on a date of release for this feature...
The entire Lumin product line has just been updated with Leedh processing, which, according to early reviews, provides terrific increase in SQ and in many cases obviates the need for a pre-amp with their units. The firmware was at no cost. Leedh, by the way, is a French company. If only Devialet were to continue its innovation with the Expert line. Or just make some necessary fixes...
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(03-Jun-2020, 20:45)Flashman Wrote: The entire Lumin product line has just been updated with Leedh processing, which, according to early reviews, provides terrific increase in SQ and in many cases obviates the need for a pre-amp with their units.  The firmware was at no cost.  Leedh, by the way, is a French company.  If only Devialet were to continue its innovation with the Expert line.  Or just make some necessary fixes...

I've read about Leedh. Sounds very promising. To know it can be implemented in a firmware update is even more promising. Then again, the way the Experts work, they might not be able to implement it on them.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I just stopped by the Reaumur flagship store in Paris today and was told Devialet is now focused on the mainstream market (grand public in French) and that I should not expect news on the Expert front. In another store, I learned Devialet is busily working on software updates for the Phantom serie, to be released this summer. So enjoy your Experts and stop worrying about upgrades Wink
Synology DS414 > Roon Optimized Core Kit on NUC7i7BNH > Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI (upgraded from D120) > Cabasse Galion IV (vintage)
(10-Jun-2020, 16:27)alaw Wrote:
(10-Jun-2020, 15:51)alphafox Wrote: So enjoy your Experts and stop worrying about upgrades Wink

My thought too... my Expert is working fine with Roon, time to enjoy it and stop worrying Smile

Indeed, and that's just what I've been doing.   But to be honest, I am greatly disappointed in a company that I once held in high esteem.  It's sad that they have let go of their flagship and never fulfilled promises made.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I have just noticed that the One week countdown thread is now over one month old ….

In the spirit of thinking that it is better to enjoy what we have and not worry too much about what Devialet might be doing until they actually do it, I propose we all relax with a nice tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
There will never be another update for the Expert. Ever!  Smile