Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open letter to devialet - input from you?
Seeing a lot of posts frustrated with devialet’s lack of movement on Phantom led me to tweet them about it. They have reached out so I did a quick trawl of the forums, combined it with my thoughts and compiled this open letter to them. I haven’t sent it yet. At the risk of this descending into a letter with 12,000 edits I thought I would share it with you. Edits welcome. 

My goal is to flush out some issues, capture the sentiment of the users in a positive way, and bring them to the table to give us some form of public update. Any prioritisation, what they do next etc is probably out of our control but hopefully we can get them talking. Have a look, comment, edit. I will send something next week if enough that I agree with survives.

Rolleyes 

Click here to view the Open Letter in google docs
Kit: 2 x Devialet Phantom Gold’s plus 3 year Phantom care packs, White tree stands, Dialog, Phantom Remote. Use jRiver, Spark, Roon with a HiFiBerry RAAT using a fibre output.
Excellent letter. Pleased to see the mention of Airplay crackle. I think Bluetooth 5 is already out as BluetoothHD but needs specific chip so not a software update.
Great document, Peter.

I've made many changes - feel free to remove them if you disagree.
Fantastic! Working in a software company too, so I know about limited resources, functionally simple things that are so complex and costly technically. But that being said I think that Devialet is very fortunate to have its community and users doing Product Management for them. It's gold for them. They just need to make the roadmap now!
Thanks for your efforts! Very excited for their response.
I think the letter touches every single problem with Phantom and its peripherals. Good job! Thank you!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Great feedback everyone thankyou. Terrific edits from booshtukka. I will leave them all in. I will wait until Monday and then publish - we don’t need to over think it but anyone that wants to edit the doc should follow the link and go ahead.
Kit: 2 x Devialet Phantom Gold’s plus 3 year Phantom care packs, White tree stands, Dialog, Phantom Remote. Use jRiver, Spark, Roon with a HiFiBerry RAAT using a fibre output.
How will you send them the document if it is to be an open letter? Just a link to Google Docs?
Very good Peter
Good luck to you guys but I’d be very surprised if history didn’t repeat itself - meaning you’ll probably get a response with a load of promises which will ultimately not be delivered. Still, worth trying - but I’d shove the whole thing on their social media pages. Out of sight tends to stay very much out of mind with Devialet.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<