Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio zones lost.
(22-Nov-2019, 00:19)BoyScout Wrote:
(21-Nov-2019, 16:07)avta Wrote: Had the same problem here although I use an iMac as source. I knew there was a problem getting the Devialet online because I was unable to use the Devialet iPhone app. I had been using Roon Ready previously with no problems. I did all manner of things including removing and reattaching the antenna on the Devialet, turning off the firewall on the Mac, allowing Roon Full Access to my computer( a security setting ), resetting modem, router and Devialet ( unplugged from wall ). All of a sudden I saw that the Devialet's wireless connection appeared in the Mac Network via the Airport Utility. It appeared as a Roon Ready Speaker. No idea why. I selected it and the utility closed and from there on I've been using Roon Ready. Also, the sound quality is much better than before all these maneuvers. No idea why. I hope this helps you. My conclusion from all this was that my computer was not allowing the Devialet to access the network although I'm not sure why. Maybe some other more knowledgeable people on the forum would have some ideas.
Regards,
Guy
Thanks Guy,

I´ve already an answer from Devialet support.
According to them is a matter of a full factory configuration reset to solve the problem.
I didn´t yet just because is working fine for now.
We´ll see.
Cheers.

I hope it works for you.

In my case the same problem happens also in a factory configuration. Therefore it looks like that it has to be either a bug in the latest FW or a hardware problem. Devialet's support said to me that this is a known bug in the latest FW, not a hardware problem.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Yes I had no luck with a reset to factory configuration either. Evidently a known firmware problem although somehow I got around it at least for the moment.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(22-Nov-2019, 08:27)petrik Wrote: I hope it works for you.

In my case the same problem happens also in a factory configuration. Therefore it looks like that it has to be either a bug in the latest FW or a hardware problem. Devialet's support said to me that this is a known bug in the latest FW, not a hardware problem.
I don't think it's a hardware problem, because only and from a moment, started to happen.
Im my opinion, it´s a matter of set ut or net configuration.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
The problem with my 140pro is that ethernet gets lost and therefore also zone...the only fix is plug off/on power of the amp. This happens at least once a week. It‘s quite clear a FW 2.2.4 problem. Support promised to fix it with next FW update, but did not tell me when.
(09-Dec-2019, 19:23)Frasup Wrote: The problem with my 140pro is that ethernet gets lost and therefore also zone...the only fix is plug off/on power of the amp. This happens at least once a week. It‘s quite clear a FW 2.2.4 problem. Support promised to fix it with next FW update, but did not tell me when.
Absolutely right.
Last time it happen, i tried to switch off each device at a  time to find the problem´s source and it was the Devialet.
The support just told me how to solve the problem when it happens, not for good.
We can only wait for the next OS update.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
(09-Dec-2019, 19:23)Frasup Wrote: The problem with my 140pro is that ethernet gets lost and therefore also zone...the only fix is plug off/on power of the amp. This happens at least once a week. It‘s quite clear a FW 2.2.4 problem. Support promised to fix it with next FW update, but did not tell me when.

I got a similar reply from the support. It’s very frustrating that they have no idea if or when this will be fixed. It can take months or years... or not getting fixed ever. The support just seems to be mostly interested in closing the tickets as soon as possible, instead of finding solutions to the problems or making sure that the problems will be solved.

I don’t use the Ethernet connection anymore until they have fixed this bug.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(10-Dec-2019, 19:33)petrik Wrote: ...
The support just seems to be mostly interested in closing the tickets as soon as possible, instead of finding solutions to the problems or making sure that the problems will be solved.

Perhaps the support people are rewarded for closing tickets; that wouldn't be unheard of, although it can encourage the wrong behaviour as far as customers are concerned.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK