Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Original d'Atelier register
Wondering if no 88 in China?
#35 Johannesburg,
South Africa
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
Hi, I own #008 from Singapore. Happy to chance on fellow owners of the OdA. A special shoutout to Tategoi and Jerry from Singapore! Recently noted one set of OdA on resale in SG, is that either of you?

I am very new into this forum and still navigating my way on this. Could I ask if any of you tried tube amps with your Devialet or is it even possible? Honesty, I love the OdA as a all in one system and the convenience. I stream a lot via TIDAL, but I wanted to experience more of audio via vinyl etc.... feel that I am missing out not fully experiencing it. I am toying whether a tube amp can compliment with the OdA versus having to change out entirely ie get a tube amp and preamp and DAC. That would cost quite a bit and the huge loss on the OdA. Any comments and sharing is much appreciated.
Devialet Original d’Atelier | Acoustic-Signature WOW XXL/ TA 500/ AT33Sa | Cyrus CD 8 SE2 | Avantgarde DUO XD | AN SPe cable | 
(21-Jun-2020, 06:25)eualp Wrote: Hi, I own #008 from Singapore. Happy to chance on fellow owners of the OdA. A special shoutout to Tategoi and Jerry from Singapore! Recently noted one set of OdA on resale in SG, is that either of you?

I am very new into this forum and still navigating my way on this. Could I ask if any of you tried tube amps with your Devialet or is it even possible? Honesty, I love the OdA as a all in one system and the convenience. I stream a lot via TIDAL, but I wanted to experience more of audio via vinyl etc.... feel that I am missing out not fully experiencing it. I am toying whether a tube amp can compliment with the OdA versus having to change out entirely ie get a tube amp and preamp and DAC. That would cost quite a bit and the huge loss on the OdA. Any comments and sharing is much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum mate,
If you want a warmer sound, you can always put a tube DAC in front of the Od'A. Some would say it's crazy do go digital to analog to digital to analog but if it sounds better to your ears, then why not? Putting your speakers a little closer to each other can have a similar effect and that you can try for free. Give it a go, you never know.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Or perhaps a tube phono stage and leave the digital side (CD, Tidal etc.) to the Od’A?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(21-Jun-2020, 07:51)Pim Wrote:
(21-Jun-2020, 06:25)eualp Wrote: Hi, I own #008 from Singapore. Happy to chance on fellow owners of the OdA. A special shoutout to Tategoi and Jerry from Singapore! Recently noted one set of OdA on resale in SG, is that either of you?

If you want a warmer sound, you can always put a tube DAC in front of the Od'A. Some would say it's crazy do go digital to analog to digital to analog but if it sounds better to your ears, then why not? Putting your speakers a little closer to each other can have a similar effect and that you can try for free. Give it a go, you never know.

Thank you Pim for the welcome and suggestion. Never thought of that. Will definitely put that in consideration.
Devialet Original d’Atelier | Acoustic-Signature WOW XXL/ TA 500/ AT33Sa | Cyrus CD 8 SE2 | Avantgarde DUO XD | AN SPe cable | 
(21-Jun-2020, 10:26)Axel Wrote: Or perhaps a tube phono stage and leave the digital side (CD, Tidal etc.) to the Od’A?
Hi Axel, is that the same as a tube preamp? Do you have an example?
(24-Jun-2020, 01:53)eualp Wrote:
(21-Jun-2020, 07:51)Pim Wrote:

Thank you Pim for the welcome and suggestion. Never thought of that. Will definitely put that in consideration.
Plenty of people tweak with cables and re-clocker etc. I tweak with room treatment, speaker placement etc. It's amazing what you can do without changing out equipment.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Is your source digital? You might want to try a re-clocker (DDC) in front of the Devialet. The difference in sound can be pretty dramatic.

Also with cables, including the link cable between master & companion - the differences can be huge, also trying RCA-XLR vs RCA-RCA. In Singapore, I bought a handmade RCA-XLR converter from Coherence Audio at Adelphi (the shop with the MBLs). I just to test what the difference would be by using my existing RCA-RCA cable. It worked well, and I've stuck to using it ever since. Got a more 3D soundstage and more natural sounding highs.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
(24-Jun-2020, 01:55)eualp Wrote:
(21-Jun-2020, 10:26)Axel Wrote: Or perhaps a tube phono stage and leave the digital side (CD, Tidal etc.) to the Od’A?
Hi Axel, is that the same as a tube preamp? Do you have an example?
There are quite a few available at different price points. 
Here are some: https://www.audioaffair.co.uk/hifi/turnt...ono-stages
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England