Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxford Audio Consultants - Saturday 4th June
After reading this thread I looked around for reviews of the dCS Vivaldi stack and was surprised to find that the products date back to late 2012.  

Apparently the boxes demo'ed at OAC were the new Vivaldi 2.0 system which offer various improvements. Details here:

http://www.dcsltd.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...032016.pdf
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(06-Jun-2016, 12:32)PhilP Wrote: After reading this thread I looked around for reviews of the dCS Vivaldi stack and was surprised to find that the products date back to late 2012.  

Apparently the boxes demo'ed at OAC were the new Vivaldi 2.0 system which offer various improvements. Details here:

True, and the software/firmware is improved from time to time anyway. The control software Liam was using to demonstrate the upsampler as a versatile streamer was in prototype form to be released later this year.
I will consider a Vivaldi transport when my Goldmund Mimesis 36+ dies, but as streaming is not an important source for me the actual impressive kit demonstrated on Saturday makes no sense for me.
Having heard the benefits available, however I will do some experiments with my Mutec + USB for the few music files I don't have on CD/LP, and for Qobuz.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(06-Jun-2016, 12:04)octaviars Wrote: Some pictures would be nice Smile

Annoyingly I didn't take any pics!! I put that down to being so absorbed by the dCS demo and some of the good tunes being played. 

Apologies...Rolleyes

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
There are some nice pictures on OAC's twitter feed @oxfordaudio.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(06-Jun-2016, 14:56)Confused Wrote: There are some nice pictures on OAC's twitter feed @oxfordaudio.

Thanks for the tip Smile

The dCS rigg looks stunning. 

If I some day decided to give up on Devialet a Gryphon Diablo 300 and a dCS Rossini DAC/Clock would be high on my list......
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(05-Jun-2016, 12:05)Confused Wrote: A superb day at Oxford Audio Consultants!  It was good to see Guillaume, NickB, Mrs NickB, Ian (Thumb5), Frank (F1eng) and others.  To be honest, I didn't catch everyone's name, there was a guy called Kevin, and some others, I see from the post above that Zappydev was there, I'm not sure if I met him or not!  

Hello Confused - yes, I was the guy squishing you on the sofa in the Blades room during the early afternoon  Big Grin

Very comprehensive write-up by the way !
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(06-Jun-2016, 16:13)Zappydev Wrote:
(05-Jun-2016, 12:05)Confused Wrote: A superb day at Oxford Audio Consultants!  It was good to see Guillaume, NickB, Mrs NickB, Ian (Thumb5), Frank (F1eng) and others.  To be honest, I didn't catch everyone's name, there was a guy called Kevin, and some others, I see from the post above that Zappydev was there, I'm not sure if I met him or not!  

Hello Confused - yes, I was the guy squishing you on the sofa in the Blades room during the early afternoon  Big Grin

Thanks!  And a very pleasurable squish it was too!  (I am referring to the pleasure of listening to the dCS / Dev / Blade rig, to be clear)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(06-Jun-2016, 22:15)Confused Wrote:
(06-Jun-2016, 16:13)Zappydev Wrote:

Thanks!  And a very pleasurable squish it was too!  (I am referring to the pleasure of listening to the dCS / Dev / Blade rig, to be clear)

Tongue Tongue
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(06-Jun-2016, 13:02)f1eng Wrote:
(06-Jun-2016, 12:32)PhilP Wrote: After reading this thread I looked around for reviews of the dCS Vivaldi stack and was surprised to find that the products date back to late 2012.  

True, and the software/firmware is improved from time to time anyway. The control software Liam was using to demonstrate the upsampler as a versatile streamer was in prototype form to be released later this year.
I will consider a Vivaldi transport when my Goldmund Mimesis 36+ dies, but as streaming is not an important source for me the actual impressive kit demonstrated on Saturday makes no sense for me.
Having heard the benefits available, however I will do some experiments with my Mutec + USB for the few music files I don't have on CD/LP, and for Qobuz.

Hi Frank my understanding is that the Vivaldi Upsampler works well with their Transport (or any other CD player) and is used to convert redbook CD to DSD, upsample to DXD etc. In addition to this it is a fully fledged network streamer as demonstrated at the OAC event. It's a hugely flexible component.

I still can't get over the AirPlay streaming sound quality! 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
If if they date back to 2012, how much would a nice 4 year old Vivaldi sell for? Rolleyes Rolleyes