Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxford Audio Consultants - Saturday 4th June
(07-Jun-2016, 20:32)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(06-Jun-2016, 13:02)f1eng Wrote:
(06-Jun-2016, 12:32)PhilP Wrote: After reading this thread I looked around for reviews of the dCS Vivaldi stack and was surprised to find that the products date back to late 2012.  

Apparently the boxes demo'ed at OAC were the new Vivaldi 2.0 system which offer various improvements. Details here:

http://www.dcsltd.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...032016.pdf

True, and the software/firmware is improved from time to time anyway. The control software Liam was using to demonstrate the upsampler as a versatile streamer was in prototype form to be released later this year.
I will consider a Vivaldi transport when my Goldmund Mimesis 36+ dies, but as streaming is not an important source for me the actual impressive kit demonstrated on Saturday makes no sense for me.
Having heard the benefits available, however I will do some experiments with my Mutec + USB for the few music files I don't have on CD/LP, and for Qobuz.

Hi Frank my understanding is that the Vivaldi Upsampler works well with their Transport (or any other CD player) and is used to convert redbook CD to DSD, upsample to DXD etc. In addition to this it is a fully fledged network streamer as demonstrated at the OAC event. It's a hugely flexible component.

I still can't get over the AirPlay streaming sound quality! 

Guillaume

My understanding too Guillaume, but the transport has upsampling of CD to DSD available too so I could economise since streaming isn't worth spending much money on for me, particularly if I get near with software and Mutec. Mind you the clock is apparently beneficial with the transport too Sad
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(07-Jun-2016, 20:43)Confused Wrote: If if they date back to 2012, how much would a nice 4 year old Vivaldi sell for? Rolleyes Rolleyes

And can it be upgraded to version 2.0 spec?
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(07-Jun-2016, 22:13)PhilP Wrote:
(07-Jun-2016, 20:43)Confused Wrote: If if they date back to 2012, how much would a nice 4 year old Vivaldi sell for? Rolleyes Rolleyes

And can it be upgraded to version 2.0 spec?

Depends which box. For transport and Dac it is a software/firmware update by CD, the upsampler needs a hardware update at the factory. I don't know about the clock.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

F1eng is correct, this is from the dCS press release:

'Vivaldi DAC and Transport owners can update to version 2.0 by requesting software update discs from their authorized dCS retailer. Vivaldi Upsampler owners wishing to upgrade to Upsampler to version 2.0 will need to arrange for their unit to be sent to an authorized dCS service center to perform the hardware and software upgrade. Please contact a dCS retailer or dCS Americas for more information and upgrade pricing.'

I notice that there is no indication of the price of the hardware upgrade for the upsampler, I am guessing it is not cheap....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Righto, as the only upcoming event with a Devialet employee that isn't in sales attending, shall we drum up some interest?

Our friend Mr Pernod will be on hand to answer (in as best he can) any questions that you may have about the 1000pro, the upgrade process and timeframe and of course what the actual objective benefits are.

I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for our radio silence, but now that our hands have been freed, we would like to be as forthcoming as possible to our many Devialet owners. I do not know how much else we have been privy to that has not already been leaked, but you can be assured that you will find many answers on the day!

Kind regards

Alasdair
(01-Jul-2016, 10:15)oxfordaudio Wrote: Righto, as the only upcoming event with a Devialet employee that isn't in sales attending, shall we drum up some interest?

Our friend Mr Pernod will be on hand to answer (in as best he can) any questions that you may have about the 1000pro, the upgrade process and timeframe and of course what the actual objective benefits are.

I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for our radio silence, but now that our hands have been freed, we would like to be as forthcoming as possible to our many Devialet owners. I do not know how much else we have been privy to that has not already been leaked, but you can be assured that you will find many answers on the day!

Kind regards

Alasdair

What is this 1000pro thing that you mention?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(01-Jul-2016, 10:15)oxfordaudio Wrote: Righto, as the only upcoming event with a Devialet employee that isn't in sales attending, shall we drum up some interest?

Kind regards

Alasdair

I have a question Alasdair. There's plenty of talk about the upgrade from 800 to 1000 but nothing (yet) about upgrading 120,200,250,400.

Do you know more than we know about them?

Cheers,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Hi Al.  

I can't make the Wednesday event, but I was planning to be down your way on Thursday/Friday (I've a track day at Abingdon booked for the Friday).  Is there any chance that the new toys will still be on site if I pop in for a chat on Thursday?

SteveO...
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
(01-Jul-2016, 12:54)Pim van Vliet Wrote:

Kind regards

Alasdair

I have a question Alasdair. There's plenty of talk about the upgrade from 800 to 1000 but nothing (yet) about upgrading 120,200,250,400.

Do you know more than we know about them?

Cheers,

Pim

And upgrade for D-Premiers also  Big Grin
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Kind regards

Alasdair

Erm... I think you are in the wrong thread Alasdair... try here instead:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3145&page=2

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK