Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pair of Gold's on DOS2 and optical
Hi folks, I am running a pair of phantom golds on DOS 2.9.0. Both connected via ethernet and connected to the dialog. The dialog is then connected to my TV via optical. I was wondering if there is a way to eliminate the dialog and still be able to connect the pair of phantoms via optical to the TV. I'm asking because I've been experiencing issues with the speakers where one will randomly reboot, or the remote will desync with the pair of phantoms.
(17-Apr-2020, 04:55)Yukluk Wrote: Hi folks, I am running a pair of phantom golds on DOS 2.9.0. Both connected via ethernet and connected to the dialog. The dialog is then connected to my TV via optical. I was wondering if there is a way to eliminate the dialog and still be able to connect the pair of phantoms via optical to the TV. I'm asking because I've been experiencing issues with the speakers where one will randomly reboot, or the remote will desync with the pair of phantoms.

Under DOS2 you can already eliminate the dialog. The system does not need it anymore so to allow a stereo reproduction (the software will do it instead). One Gold should be connected via optical to the TV and the other one should receive the stereo signal automatically. If you have issues the speakers randomly rebooting or the remote unpairing, I believe it is not because of the dialog in btw.

By the way I have two Golds as well but just used for music as a stereo couple under 2.9.0 and no problems at all. I have one Reactor 900 (as well 2.9.0) used as TV speaker and connect via optical to the TV. I have also experienced a couple of times random rebooting two or three times in the last month. So this might be a problem when a Phantom is connected via optical under 2.9.0 (?).
(17-Apr-2020, 07:06)massi.rav Wrote:
(17-Apr-2020, 04:55)Yukluk Wrote: Hi folks, I am running a pair of phantom golds on DOS 2.9.0. Both connected via ethernet and connected to the dialog. The dialog is then connected to my TV via optical. I was wondering if there is a way to eliminate the dialog and still be able to connect the pair of phantoms via optical to the TV. I'm asking because I've been experiencing issues with the speakers where one will randomly reboot, or the remote will desync with the pair of phantoms.

Under DOS2 you can already eliminate the dialog. The system does not need it anymore so to allow a stereo reproduction (the software will do it instead). One Gold should be connected via optical to the TV and the other one should receive the stereo signal automatically. If you have issues the speakers randomly rebooting or the remote unpairing, I believe it is not because of the dialog in btw.

By the way I have two Golds as well but just used for music as a stereo couple under 2.9.0 and no problems at all. I have one Reactor 900 (as well 2.9.0) used as TV speaker and connect via optical to the TV. I have also experienced a couple of times random rebooting two or three times in the last month. So this might be a problem when a Phantom is connected via optical under 2.9.0 (?).

Thanks for your help, I figured if it's possible to eliminate something that's not needed would help point to the issues. I will try to re-setup the Phantoms without the dialog and see if there area any issues. Random rebooting usuaully happens when I first start the Phantoms up (I turn them off when not in use), after a few minutes of use usually the left one reboots and sometimes reboots a few times while using the pair for 3-4 hours.