Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united!
(30-Oct-2019, 22:48)johancarlsbo Wrote: For me to have a ipad app that is upright is worth everything

New app works in all orientations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(31-Oct-2019, 04:22)foFox Wrote: Well, I am sad to say after updating my two Silvers & Dialog, the Devialet app is unable to set the speakers up. I tried resetting & plugging the power out.

Resetting by holding the power button for 10 seconds?

Did you update the Dialogue last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(30-Oct-2019, 22:58)elduque Wrote: Two Reactor 900 here. I updated the Devialet app to 1.8 and now they don't sound as loud  (at the same level) as before. I checked to make sure Tidal's loudness normalization is not on. Anyone else notice this?
But now it goes to eleven! 
Same thing happened to the Premier a couple of years ago. They altered the way they volume changed to get a more intuitive feel when changing volume. Maybe this could be the case?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Audirvana does not detect my two golds, nor the updated dialogue with upnp...
(31-Oct-2019, 17:37)KarlMarx Wrote: Audirvana does not detect my two golds, nor the updated dialogue with upnp...
You have to plug out the golds and plug them in again. Then Audirvana detects your golds. Enjoy.
Devialet Expert 220 PRO, Dali Epicon 2 white, 2x Devialet Phantom Gold, Dialog, Audirvana + Roon
Since the dos2 update I can't get my 2 golds to play in stereo anymore consistently, after every time I restart them they play in stereo for few minutes before going to back to be playing individually and creating a big mess of a sound. In the devialet app they still show as stereo pair while not playing as stereo. What a shit show I got myself in to after updating them? ??
(31-Oct-2019, 23:29)pikachu Wrote: Since the dos2 update I can't get my 2 golds to play in stereo anymore consistently, after every time I restart them they play in stereo for few minutes before going to back to be playing individually and creating a big mess of a sound. In the devialet app they still show as stereo pair while not playing as stereo. What a shit show I got myself in to after updating them? ??
That's really bad! Do you have good Wi-Fi coverage where the speakers are located? Is it possible to hardwire the speakers and see if it helps?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(31-Oct-2019, 23:29)pikachu Wrote: Since the dos2 update I can't get my 2 golds to play in stereo anymore consistently, after every time I restart them they play in stereo for few minutes before going to back to be playing individually and creating a big mess of a sound. In the devialet app they still show as stereo pair while not playing as stereo. What a shit show I got myself in to after updating them? ??
This has been my problem as well. I now have everything hooked up to an ethernet switch and that has improved the stability to some extent. The app suggests that if you have them hooked up via ethernet then that will be the preferred communication method. I've noticed a few interesting things. First, if I power up the system things will work for some variable amount of time and then almost always the left will drop out, power cycle back on and then reconnect to the stereo pair. When this happens it tends to make a garbled electronic noise before power cycling. I have to reconnect via Spotify connect and then I can stream music again. Second, even in the ethernet setup some variable amount of time will pass and then they seem to slightly unsync, making as you say, a mess of the stereo sound. I then have to power cycle everything to re-sync. I'm suspicious it may be adjusting the volume via airplay that screws up the stereo pair, which seems to remain stable longer if I just leave the volume alone. Third, if I suddenly unplug the ethernet switch the right will drop out, but the left will keep streaming. I'm thinking maybe the left acts as the airplay point for both of them in the new DOS 2. All interesting observations, however, I'm not sure what any of it really means. I've contacted Devialet to see what they think. I suppose they're troubleshooting things as well. I'm going to try a direct optical connection this weekend and see what that does. I was excited about DOS 2 so that I could move the golds to a more optimal location in my house and use WiFi, but I had to spend the afternoon today rewiring the house so I could get ethernet to them. So far I'm missing the stability of the old DOS.
(30-Oct-2019, 19:03)hydr Wrote: I have 3x Gold and 4x White
2 Stereo connected to Apple TV in livingroom, 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the office, 2 in the bed room connected with Optical for stereo to the TV and 1 in the bathroom.

Based on what I am reading, there are nearly no benefit for me upgrading to DOS2. I like spark, 24/192, playing music from any device and closing the app no problem. Stability is perfect because they are all wired to ethernet. I use optical for stereo on both TVs, and I often play in all rooms at the same time during parties etc and it works great.

DOS2 seems to bring a lot of downside to me, and hence I won´t upgrade until there are a lot more features including AirPlay 2 and multiroom setup, and hopefully an "spark" type library available.

Anyone else in my situation?

Don't "upgrade!" I just got off the phone with Devialet support, and they told me to hold off. I have 2 Gold + Dialog and a Classic in another room. Until they introduce multi-room functionality there is no point at all.
(01-Nov-2019, 01:16)Eggman Wrote:
(30-Oct-2019, 19:03)hydr Wrote: I have 3x Gold and 4x White
2 Stereo connected to Apple TV in livingroom, 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the office, 2 in the bed room connected with Optical for stereo to the TV and 1 in the bathroom.

Based on what I am reading, there are nearly no benefit for me upgrading to DOS2. I like spark, 24/192, playing music from any device and closing the app no problem. Stability is perfect because they are all wired to ethernet. I use optical for stereo on both TVs, and I often play in all rooms at the same time during parties etc and it works great.

DOS2 seems to bring a lot of downside to me, and hence I won´t upgrade until there are a lot more features including AirPlay 2 and multiroom setup, and hopefully an "spark" type library available.

Anyone else in my situation?

Don't "upgrade!" I just got off the phone with Devialet support, and they told me to hold off. I have 2 Gold + Dialog and a Classic in another room. Until they introduce multi-room functionality there is no point at all.
My wife and I own a number of Bose products throughout our house and their SoundTouch app really struggled initially maintaining a synchronous connection between all of the numerous devices and particularly when we would adjust the volume individually with a single device that was grouped. However, after about a year the app became rock solid stable. Not sure what specific improvements they made, but they worked! All of these devices are on a 5GHz network and none of them are wired and they work wonderfully. After hearing the gold phantoms in Paris a month ago we recognized the tremendous improvement in sound quality and simply had to have them! Hopefully in time Devialet will get the software issues figured out because their hardware really is terrific and there’s no reason they can’t accomplish what Bose did in terms of software.