Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united!
(03-Nov-2019, 06:54)pikachu Wrote: I spoke too soon, they’re still screwed up in stereo. They better push another update to fix this shit otherwise my speakers are going back to them as they’re still in warranty.
Have you requested support from Devialet?
November 4 will be the date of a new software release.
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
I doubt it. November 4 was the target date for the Premier DOS2 update.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(03-Nov-2019, 06:54)pikachu Wrote: I spoke too soon, they’re still screwed up in stereo. They better push another update to fix this shit otherwise my speakers are going back to them as they’re still in warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was finally able to setup my optical connection through the dialog this weekend (HiFiBerry digi+ pro Roon bridge) and unfortunately the speakers continue to eventually lose their stereo sync. It was my hope that by inputting the optical signal via the dialog it would have been tasked with managing the stereo sync and the problem would disappear. In summary, this issue has persisted via WiFi, ethernet, and the dialog optical connection. I've pretty much tried everything that I can possibly do to try to resolve the issue. Fundamentally, it seems like it must be a problem at the software level that somehow involves maintaining the sync. It's interesting that only one other person seems to have the same issue. It's not a subtle problem so I think if more of you had the issue you would definitely notice. I took delivery of my golds about a week ago so I'm thinking I may just return them under the 14 day trial and reorder a new set with the old DOS (never thought I would have done that!). I've reached out and Devialet's technical team is examining the issue, but I'm not certain it's going to end up being a simple fix like pressing the power button a few times.

I absolutely love these things and the sound they produce when they're working. I like their elegant look and simplicity as a HiFi system, but in giving up racks of equipment you end up putting your trust in the company's hardware and software with the assumption that it will just work, because with an all in one setup like this you lose the ability to provide your own hardware and software support. Pros and cons to everything in life I guess.
The Dialog really served its purpose...
It is so convenient to use the optical IN located on the Dialog and hide all the cables in a box ...rather than the one of the Phantom by adding a cord on it. Was it supposed to be wireless ?
Please excuse my poor reputation
(03-Nov-2019, 16:50)T-Fury Wrote:

I was finally able to setup my optical connection through the dialog this weekend (HiFiBerry digi+ pro Roon bridge) and unfortunately the speakers continue to eventually lose their stereo sync. It was my hope that by inputting the optical signal via the dialog it would have been tasked with managing the stereo sync and the problem would disappear. In summary, this issue has persisted via WiFi, ethernet, and the dialog optical connection. I've pretty much tried everything that I can possibly do to try to resolve the issue. Fundamentally, it seems like it must be a problem at the software level that somehow involves maintaining the sync. It's interesting that only one other person seems to have the same issue. It's not a subtle problem so I think if more of you had the issue you would definitely notice. I took delivery of my golds about a week ago so I'm thinking I may just return them under the 14 day trial and reorder a new set with the old DOS (never thought I would have done that!). I've reached out and Devialet's technical team is examining the issue, but I'm not certain it's going to end up being a simple fix like pressing the power button a few times.

I absolutely love these things and the sound they produce when they're working. I like their elegant look and simplicity as a HiFi system, but in giving up racks of equipment you end up putting your trust in the company's hardware and software with the assumption that it will just work, because with an all in one setup like this you lose the ability to provide your own hardware and software support. Pros and cons to everything in life I guess.
Hi out there! This is my first post and I am as frustrated as you are. Before I updated to DOS2 everything was fine beside the fact that I wanted to get rid of the Dialog. Now I have the same problem like you with losing stereo sync after a while. For me it seems that the problem occurs every time when I change the volume too often or switch the tracks too fast. I also think that one speaker plays louder (the balance changes somehow). It seems like the singer is wandering on the stage from the center to one side. When I turn off the system and start it again everything is fine for a while until the whole procedure starts again. I have already contacted Devialet but got no reply so far....
Count me among the Gold owners losing stereo sync after the upgrade. I've tried every combination I can think of (with/without Dialog, optical input, wired ethernet, dedicated ethernet switch for the two Phantoms). They always drift out of sync.

For now, I'm just running a single Phantom until there's an update. I use Roon for my music, so hopefully when RAAT is enabled this will all be fixed. Smile

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is whether to use PLC to connect the two. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do that with DOS2. With DOS1, they just figured out how to use PLC if there was no wired connection. But that doesn't seem to work with DOS2.
(03-Nov-2019, 20:22)diamar Wrote: Count me among the Gold owners losing stereo sync after the upgrade. I've tried every combination I can think of (with/without Dialog, optical input, wired ethernet, dedicated ethernet switch for the two Phantoms). They always drift out of sync.

For now, I'm just running a single Phantom until there's an update. I use Roon for my music, so hopefully when RAAT is enabled this will all be fixed. Smile

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is whether to use PLC to connect the two. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do that with DOS2. With DOS1, they just figured out how to use PLC if there was no wired connection. But that doesn't seem to work with DOS2.

I don’t have DOS2, but in my thread related to how it is implemented, member vaguedetails posted a video today (page 2). Maybe this helps?

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-DOS2-wit...etup-owner

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
Thanks for your efforts but I have tried all options WiFi, PLC, Auto. All with the same result that first the sound is clear, wide stage, etc. but after a while it sounds awkward. I mean the Phantoms are still connected and the sound stage is still impressive but the whole orchestra or band is playing from one side while the other speaker more seems to sound like a surround speaker.
For me it looks like a bug on DOS2 as I never had any problems with Spark.
(03-Nov-2019, 16:50)T-Fury Wrote:

I had the same exact problem. I ended up returning them, but now I’m missing the magic. I’m kind of waiting to hear of a fix.