Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united!
I have now literally tried every combination of different connections, even tried connecting to a different router and I can say with complete certainty that this is a DOS2 bug which is preventing my golds to sync properly for stereo sound. Devialet needs to acknowledge this issue and push a fix ASAP otherwise they’re gunna end up damaging the confidence of their most valuable customers. If there are 5 people over here complaining about the stereo sync then there are probably 100x more who are not even on this forum. I wish Devialet can see this forum to understand the frustration and inconvenience we all going through. This has been a really disappointing experience so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(04-Nov-2019, 00:21)pikachu Wrote:  I wish Devialet can see this forum to understand the frustration and inconvenience we all going through. This has been a really disappointing experience so far.
There is NO Devialet presence on forum. We are all users here. You still have not answered my question: have you contacted Devialet Support??
(04-Nov-2019, 00:34)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(04-Nov-2019, 00:21)pikachu Wrote:  I wish Devialet can see this forum to understand the frustration and inconvenience we all going through. This has been a really disappointing experience so far.
There is NO Devialet presence on forum. We are all users here. You still have not answered my question: have you contacted Devialet Support??

Oh sorry about it, yes I contacted them and they basically said that they haven't received similar feedback from other customers but they did took my complaint and said they will get back to me. I haven't heard back from them yet, will most likely follow up with them midweek if still no response. I told them that stereo sync is gone and also I have my dialog connected to optical from Apple TV which now have a lag between audio and video. None of these issues were present when I used spark, seems like they put out this new os out too soon without enough testing it.
I did the same. So far no answer from Devialet. As pikachu wrote. There must be something wrong with DOS2 as we have absolutely the same issue and before DOS2 never had any problems.
Hopefully enough people will report their problems with DOS2 and hopefully Devialet will read this.
(04-Nov-2019, 00:43)pikachu Wrote: Oh sorry about it, yes I contacted them and they basically said that they haven't received similar feedback from other customers but they did took my complaint and said they will get back to me. I haven't heard back from them yet, will most likely follow up with them midweek if still no response. I told them that stereo sync is gone and also I have my dialog connected to optical from Apple TV which now have a lag between audio and video. None of these issues were present when I used spark, seems like they put out this new os out too soon without enough testing it.
It is good that you have logged request with Devialet and I urge others to do the same. The more request Devialet hears from us, the better.

It would be devastating if stereo synch is not working. A big selling point of DOS2 is the ability to stereo pair without a Dialog.
[/quote]
It is good that you have logged request with Devialet and I urge others to do the same. The more request Devialet hears from us, the better.

It would be devastating if stereo synch is not working. A big selling point of DOS2 is the ability to stereo pair without a Dialog.
[/quote]

Yes, please everyone needs to raise this issue with Devialet.

@Snoopy8 I have been following another post of yours regarding using upnp. I m literally clueless regarding using it but I really want to implement if it can improve my overall experience. Here is my situation, checked my router (Eero) & upnp is on, I use Tidal HiFi as my only source and use iPhone & iPad. So, if I have to incorporate upnp what is my best option. Appreciate any feedback from your valuable time, thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
@pikachu join us on this UPnP thread where Seb is doing the work
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-UPnP-mac...mendations
I was just wondering if there is a chance to force Phantoms to reinstall the DOS2 firmware. Maybe something went wrong during the first attempt. Do you have any comments about that?
I am regretting updating to DOS2 so much, stereo sync is not working at all with my golds for more than 10-15 minutes at a time before they need to be restarted again. Even playing through upnp didn't do any magic either. I just wish at this point that it was possible to rollback to old OS. I have unplugged these speakers permanently for now until Devialet pushes a fix. I can't believe more and more people are not experiencing the similar issue with the stereo setup. This is the drawback of buying a really expensive product from a company which is relatively smaller compared to others, their customer support is painfully slow. Software development is terribly slow and then they pushed out this stupid update which made an existing product almost unworkable. Only good thing that they are still in warranty and my last option will be to just take them back to them for good.
Devialet seem to think that as long as a majority of users keep silent it's OK(even if many of those probably experience problems). The only decent attitude here would be that 100% of users should be satisfied. This time someone within Devialet saw the damage potential and made a detailed warning for the upgrade, but no one warned about the possibility of serious flaws in the new firmware.
I feel your pain...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB