Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united!
(30-Oct-2019, 14:08)ragwo Wrote:
(30-Oct-2019, 13:58)Pwalder Wrote: Update successful.......so far
I have a pair of Phantom Classics (Elevate) and a Dialog. I read the documentation on the Devialet web site regarding DOS 2 update carefully especially noting the advice to update the Dialogue at very end of the process. It wasn’t clear in the documentation whether ‘end of the process’ regarding updating the Dialog meant prior to set up of the Phantoms or after the set up. After getting an on screen warning about updating the Dialog I decided to set up the Phantoms before considering upgrading and setting up the Dialog. The Phantom set up went without a hitch and to my ears the sound seems more rounded and even better than before. Apple Music is streaming via Airplay without the dreaded crackle which for me was a real annoyance on DOS1.

So the issue I have now is .....am I good to now upgrade and set up the Dialog without unscrambling the working Phantom setup? The reason I would like the Dialog in the system is that my Phantom Elevates don’t have individual optical or ethernet sockets and I want to attach a CD player via the optical on the Dialog.

Apologies if this is a rather basic question but any advice would be very welcome.
Thanks
I believe you should be OK, did the same procedure with the Silvers and Dialog of my brother in law, and it's working without a flaw. By the way, all Phantoms have an optical input and an ethernet socket behind the power plug.
Thanks for the reassurance. Much appreciate your reply.
(30-Oct-2019, 14:08)ragwo Wrote:
(30-Oct-2019, 13:58)Pwalder Wrote: Update successful.......so far
I have a pair of Phantom Classics (Elevate) and a Dialog. I read the documentation on the Devialet web site regarding DOS 2 update carefully especially noting the advice to update the Dialogue at very end of the process. It wasn’t clear in the documentation whether ‘end of the process’ regarding updating the Dialog meant prior to set up of the Phantoms or after the set up. After getting an on screen warning about updating the Dialog I decided to set up the Phantoms before considering upgrading and setting up the Dialog. The Phantom set up went without a hitch and to my ears the sound seems more rounded and even better than before. Apple Music is streaming via Airplay without the dreaded crackle which for me was a real annoyance on DOS1.

So the issue I have now is .....am I good to now upgrade and set up the Dialog without unscrambling the working Phantom setup? The reason I would like the Dialog in the system is that my Phantom Elevates don’t have individual optical or ethernet sockets and I want to attach a CD player via the optical on the Dialog.

Apologies if this is a rather basic question but any advice would be very welcome.
Thanks
I believe you should be OK, did the same procedure with the Silvers and Dialog of my brother in law, and it's working without a flaw. By the way, all Phantoms have an optical input and an ethernet socket behind the power plug.
Thanks for the reassurance. Much appreciate your reply.
I have two golds and a Dialog that I actually purchased last week. Updated everything last night to DOS 2 successfully. One thing I've noticed already is when I removed Dialog and connected the speakers in a stereo pair via WiFi one of the them seems to slowly and slightly drift out of sync with a noticeable and annoying delay between the two speakers. Anyone else notice this? I power cycled the speakers this morning and they seemed to re-sync, but after about an hour of listening one of them started to drift out of stereo sync again. I've mainly been using Spotify connect to stream to them. Going to try to mess with things over the next couple of days with Dialog and a wired ethernet connection to try to get around the issue.
(30-Oct-2019, 07:53)Jnoren Wrote:
(30-Oct-2019, 06:47)pikachu Wrote: Hello, I have a pair of phantom golds and a dialog. I just update the whole system to DOS2, but I do not see the option to stream Tidal directly without using the Airplay from my phone app. What am I missing here? Or they just took off the ability to stream Tidal? I have only used Tidal Hi-Fi always and this will suck. Any help is appreciated if I can fix this.

Thanks
Hi! I also have a pair of golds and a dialog. Updated last night and was as surprised as you when noticing that Tidal was removed. Did not upgrade dialog at first, and thought that was the problem. After several attempts upgrading dialog it finally upgraded. But still no Tidal. I have always used tidal to stream music because of the sound quality. Now I'm stuck with the quality allowed by airplay or bluetooth...

Does your dialog appear under "your devices" in the Devialet app? I just see 2 speakers as a stereo pair. The dialog is not there. But I can see it as a registered product in the app.
Any one else with the same issue?

Yes, I see dialog under "your devices" in the Devialet app.
(30-Oct-2019, 02:08)thank u for your reply Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 23:11)BpSilver Wrote: Hi,

Is it just me or does the airplay lag some times??
when playing with the volume, it kinda stotters some times..

i hated the spark app, but now im starting to miss it... 

with spark u could turn an album on tidal on, and then close the app on your phone.. 
if u do it with the new app, it automaticly stops playing music.. this is a real bummer for me..

and i notice the starting volume of 35, used to be louder.. they decreased the volume..

anyone else with same problems/opinion??

expected more from the long awaited update, the intergration with tidal whas perfect...

Kind greetings from Amsterdam

sorry for bad english

If your local network is slow or crowded for bandwidth then changing the volume while streaming airplay can stutter for now as this involves communicating with the phone, the Devialet app, and the speaker all at the same time to determine what has requested the volume change.

Sent from my iPhone using

wih the old Spark app this wasn't any problem, I live in Amsterdam and got high and electronics 
it feels like an step backwards, but stay positive, I’ll connect it with an lan cable, hopefully this will fix the problem.

u noticed the drop in volume to??
I have 3x Gold and 4x White
2 Stereo connected to Apple TV in livingroom, 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the office, 2 in the bed room connected with Optical for stereo to the TV and 1 in the bathroom.

Based on what I am reading, there are nearly no benefit for me upgrading to DOS2. I like spark, 24/192, playing music from any device and closing the app no problem. Stability is perfect because they are all wired to ethernet. I use optical for stereo on both TVs, and I often play in all rooms at the same time during parties etc and it works great.

DOS2 seems to bring a lot of downside to me, and hence I won´t upgrade until there are a lot more features including AirPlay 2 and multiroom setup, and hopefully an "spark" type library available.

Anyone else in my situation?
(30-Oct-2019, 19:03)hydr Wrote: I have 3x Gold and 4x White
2 Stereo connected to Apple TV in livingroom, 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the office, 2 in the bed room connected with Optical for stereo to the TV and 1 in the bathroom.

Based on what I am reading, there are nearly no benefit for me upgrading to DOS2. I like spark, 24/192, playing music from any device and closing the app no problem. Stability is perfect because they are all wired to ethernet. I use optical for stereo on both TVs, and I often play in all rooms at the same time during parties etc and it works great.

DOS2 seems to bring a lot of downside to me, and hence I won´t upgrade until there are a lot more features including AirPlay 2 and multiroom setup, and hopefully an "spark" type library available.

Anyone else in my situation?
I understand that DOS2 is about improving stability initially, then adding more capability (hopefully) over next few months. In your situation, seems sensible to wait.
For me to have a ipad app that is upright is worth everything
Two Reactor 900 here. I updated the Devialet app to 1.8 and now they don't sound as loud (at the same level) as before. I checked to make sure Tidal's loudness normalization is not on. Anyone else notice this?
Well, I am sad to say after updating my two Silvers & Dialog, the Devialet app is unable to set the speakers up. I tried resetting & plugging the power out.