Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Reactors are NOW AVAILABLE!
Just in case anyone is interested, phantom reactors became available just a few minutes ago on the website:

https://www.devialet.com/en-ca/buy-phantom-reactor-600/
I gave them a long listen in the flagship store in Canary Wharf. They are amazing sounding for the size and beat out the naim stuff in my opinion. But compared to the silvers they sounded less resolving and the separation and detail were not the same. I was hoping to find something to equal the silvers but wasn’t convinced. They are a two way system rather than the silvers three way.

If I didn’t have the silvers already I would have bought them as the price is certainly right!
(16-Nov-2018, 16:10)James007 Wrote: I gave them a long listen in the flagship store in Canary Wharf. They are amazing sounding for the size and beat out the naim stuff in my opinion. But compared to the silvers they sounded less resolving and the separation and detail were not the same. I was hoping to find something to equal the silvers but wasn’t convinced. They are a two way system rather than the silvers three way.

If I didn’t have the silvers already I would have bought them as the price is certainly right!

Thanks for sharing your experience....I already tried to order some on the website but apparently they’re not available on my region yet(Ontario Canada).  I already have two golds in stereo pair and was hoping that in the future they will add compatibility of the reactors with the phantoms golds. Eg.  have my phantom golds a shower left/right and have 1 x reactor as as center and 2-3 reactors for rear.....
I had a short listening to the reactors at their store in Munich and liked that they were 2 ways (i.e. lower crossover point so more consistent between upper mids and highs). The bass was good as long one does them not play loud. But the reactors were mono only
whereas the standard Phantoms were mostly stereo setup. So I have to experience how the reactors work in stereo.
Design wise I definitely preferred the smaller ones (except the tripod stands do not look to well designed)
Popped into Westfield’s White City this week - which I normally try and avoid - and walked past the Devialet ‘store’ so thought I’d check out the Reactor.

The shop was tiny - I remember it being bigger maybe they’ve moved or redesigned - like 5 people were in there and it was hard to enter the glass box with three staff. Someone was already listening to a Silver and there was a queue so I lasted as long as I could with a 2 year old (about 5 mins!) and left without hearing.

I was left with one main impression:
In that shop anyway, Devialet offer a terrible retail experience! A room unlikely to even remotely show off the hardware, cramped, and a bit intimidating with three staff right on top of you. Nothing was setup remotely stereo, you just had to hover by whatever was playing. Ok, it doesn’t have to be audiophile but the Golds are a few thousand each and a pair of reactors is £2000, they should make an effort to show them off. No experts were on display whereas previously they had one. Maybe there was a demo room behind I’m not sure v

The man crammed by the door was telling a member of staff his three Golds all had to be returned faulty (I didn’t catch the detail) and were replaced. He praised customer service but was disappointed in them build wise.

Couldn’t gauge the single Silver at all, it honestly could have been any speaker playing.

I hoped to learn about timescales for stereo but all the staff were nodding their heads as if enjoying the music and didn’t seem that interested so I didn’t bother.

I really wonder how many they sell from their stores. Way less than they could with a better environment’s my guess. Or maybe they’re just for ‘show’ for brand awareness. Taking an apple store type concept and minimising it for Phantoms is not a recipe for success IMO.

The Reactor was of interest but based on that experience I’ll wait until they’re in a hifi shop to listen.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

The Reactor is not compatible with Dialog!!? It's a stand alone system. How were they thinking at Devialet developing a product like that. I understand that if you want to extend your Phantom system in for example a spa with a small speaker in the dressing room, you now have to set up a new Reactor system which cannot be synchronized with the Phantoms in the lounge area a few meters away! Insane! Go White and forget the Reactor.
Original d’Atelier #64    MBL 101 E MKII    Focal Clear    McIntosh MHA 150    Phantom Gold x 2
roon
Sweden
(14-Nov-2018, 06:10)Ryu79 Wrote: Just in case anyone is interested, phantom reactors became available just a few minutes ago on the website:

Yeah, except you can't buy them online in Ontario, Canada. Have to buy them from an authorized dealer.

I've just ordered a pair from Soundstage Fine Audio in Waterloo.

Just hope the 'stereo' software update comes soon.
(27-Nov-2018, 20:09)Hawkman Wrote: Just hope the 'stereo' software update comes soon.

You know this is a Devialet product? Confused

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Heard them in two stores in Paris about a month ago. In one I had the store to myself. They make a lot of sound and are very portable. I can see them selling well. My wife thought they were great.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(27-Nov-2018, 20:09)Hawkman Wrote:
(14-Nov-2018, 06:10)Ryu79 Wrote: Just in case anyone is interested, phantom reactors became available just a few minutes ago on the website:

Yeah, except you can't buy them online in Ontario, Canada. Have to buy them from an authorized dealer.

I've just ordered a pair from Soundstage Fine Audio in Waterloo.

Just hope the 'stereo' software update comes soon.
I'm also in ontario and have the same issue.   If its not too much trouble, let us know when you actually get your hands on them.    I'll drive to waterloo and pick them up as soon as they become available.