Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Reactors are NOW AVAILABLE!
(28-Nov-2018, 22:19)Ryu79 Wrote:
(27-Nov-2018, 20:09)Hawkman Wrote:
(14-Nov-2018, 06:10)Ryu79 Wrote: Just in case anyone is interested, phantom reactors became available just a few minutes ago on the website:

https://www.devialet.com/en-ca/buy-phantom-reactor-600/

Yeah, except you can't buy them online in Ontario, Canada. Have to buy them from an authorized dealer.

I've just ordered a pair from Soundstage Fine Audio in Waterloo.

Just hope the 'stereo' software update comes soon.
I'm also in ontario and have the same issue.   If its not too much trouble, let us know when you actually get your hands on them.    I'll drive to waterloo and pick them up as soon as they become available.
No worries. Will do. Hope to hear by the end of the week.
So, apparently, the reason the Reactor is not available in Ontario yet is due to it not passing the electrical safety tests required by Hydro. Go figure.
(30-Nov-2018, 15:22)Hawkman Wrote: So, apparently, the reason the Reactor is not available in Ontario yet is due to it not passing the electrical safety tests required by Hydro. Go figure.

Thanks for the update man.  Hopefully they get it all sorted it out soon.  But since it’s government regupatou stuff, I doubt it’ll get done soon.  Probably q2 2019
Finally heard one in the same Devialet store.

What can I say, I wasn’t expecting to ascertain much in that environment, and I didn’t. To be honest I was totally and utterly underwhelmed. ‘Unreasonable sound’? Absolutely......

Should be able to stereo and multi-room in Spring 2019 with a firmware update apparently.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(01-Dec-2018, 21:32)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Finally heard one in the same Devialet store.

What can I say, I wasn’t expecting to ascertain much in that environment, and I didn’t. To be honest I was totally and utterly underwhelmed. ‘Unreasonable sound’? Absolutely......

Should be able to stereo and multi-room in Spring 2019 with a firmware update apparently.

Was it that bad?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(01-Dec-2018, 22:29)ragwo Wrote:
(01-Dec-2018, 21:32)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Finally heard one in the same Devialet store.

Was it that bad?

Like I say, it’s a terrible environment to listen even casually - I think they’re counting on loudness (which didn’t blow me away) and the woofer dance. Not sure what more anyone could take away from the experience it might as well have been a Bose or something. Heard the higher wattage one. Pumped at 75% and full volume, both levels sounded like a torturous distorted mess.

Who knows how they sound in a better environment, but it didn’t leave me desperate to find out. But if I see them elsewhere I would listen just out of interest.

I’ll be amazed if their stores are profitable or sell more than a handful of devices. At about £2k for a stereo pair (not that you can play stereo yet) there’s a lot of choice for the casual listener. The store was empty. The Apple store round the corner was jam-packed.

Beyond that it’s just unfathomable that they couldn’t get stereo capability working for launch. It’s not like this is their first audio device, and knowing what I do of the brand - even my biases aside - it rings alarm bells.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I have banged this drum in a different threat before, but has anyone tried playing a mono analogue left and right respectively? If I were a store owner I would try that setup hoping that if they sounded good I’d double my sales.
How do I know this? Wink
The Cabasse The Pearl is a streaming system with a triaxial speaker plus woofer. If necessary, two The Pearl can be combined to a full-fledged stereo system. It should be a sound pressure of up to 118 decibels possible, an automatic calibration system is also on board!!

https://www.hifistatement.net/event/item...018-teil-3#

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(08-Dec-2018, 16:13)K4680 Wrote: How do I know this? Wink
The Cabasse The Pearl is a streaming system with a triaxial speaker plus woofer. If necessary, two The Pearl can be combined to a full-fledged stereo system. It should be a sound pressure of up to 118 decibels possible, an automatic calibration system is also on board!!

https://www.hifistatement.net/event/item...018-teil-3#

Mmm...don’t know about the pearl, Id have to hear them and even if the sound quality was equal to the phantoms which I doubt, I did probably go with the phantoms just based on their looks and tech
I don't normally comment appearance of speakers as form follows function. However, with the Pearl, I must say that visually, it is one of the least coherent piece of audio equipment I've seen. This is subjective of course....Smile