Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom blown up
(19-Feb-2017, 12:30)dogbait Wrote: Just an update, Devialet Support (seem to work around the clock) just pinged me last night to say they'd do a straight swap with a new unit.

No mention of "0 watt Phantom" (probably got tired of people taking the piss!) but they did say it was uncommon and they'd look into the cause once they have the faulty unit. Will ping them for info on what failed (they've actually been pretty forthcoming with answers to my technical questions in the past) but to be honest I doubt they're gonna tell me what failed!

Sorry if I missed it but how long did you have your phantom before it blew up?
6 months.
yeh ask for a replacement mate

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
(17-Feb-2017, 22:20)Hi, dogbait Wrote: About 6 months back I explicitly asked Devialet support if they could give me more info on repairing and servicing of the Phantom. After a bit of prodding they admitted that they couldn't repair them since they (at that point in time) had not been able to successfully pry it open without damaging the unit!

Could be a one off issue with my unit, but considering it's the third generation of Phantom it doesn't bode well for its longevity if it's got reliability issues.

Hi, should think twice before acquiring a pair of Golds, if the units cannot be repaired after their guarantee expiration.
It's a simple as this. If there is a fault with the unit within or beyond the warranty period that you didn't cause they should and will be replaced because again, you didn't cause this and it's a fault with the device that shouldn't be there. Devialet have an obligation to replace that unit for you since they cannot repair it.

If you damage your Phantom then Devialet do have options, it just depends how you approach them. In most cases they will ask you if You have Devialet Care, and if you don't they can offer it to you in order for them to replace the unit you damaged. That's much cheaper than paying full retail for a replacement and that Devialet Care will transfer to the new unit.
In other cases (more rare) if it's something they can learn from by having the unit in hand they will take it from you and replace your unit for free, this is rarer but happens.

The way it works is, if they could repair you'd pay a fee to have that repair service, but since it can't Devialet must take majority of that fee as it's an inconvenience to the customer having no ability to repair.
I also experienced that problem.

Had my two phantom gold running; but on low volume. Then I heard a silent "puff" and also the circuit breaker went off along with the Phantom.
One of the two doesn't response to anything anymore. I'll get an ampere meter today to see if it is still alive or indeed a "zero watt phantom".

I'll also contact Devialet.
Luckily I am still under warranty and luckily one Phantom alone also sounds like a beast.
Try rebooting but with five quick pushes on the dialog and each Phantom. One of my Silvers packed up last week and Devialet got it working again.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
So far I tried to reboot with 3 pushes, five pushes, a long push, tried to run it as single speaker, exchanged the power cables of the two phantoms, nothing helps Sad
Still no reaction at all of this one Phantom Gold.
My dialog and the other Gold speaker work without issues.

Is there something else I can try?

Edit:
I got in touch with Devialet. I will need to return my Gold Phantom. It will be replaced.
The customer support was very fast and it was uncomplicated to find a solution. So I am pretty happy although one of my speaker broke.
Thanks for reporting.

Devialet will learn from these problems, so, this is good news.
Had 2 Golds fail - one after 6 months the other after 18. Both replaced no questions asked, collected and redelivered . Pretty happy with the service, and since I had another for another room I never really missed out for long.