Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom gold
Can I add a subwoofer to the phantom gold?
Possible, yes, but it depends on how you have them connected. Phantoms only have digital inputs. Very few cross over solutions have digital outputs (even if the cross over it self is done in digital DSP). MiniDSP SHD is one of the few that does.
The main question, however, is why you want a subwoofer with Phantom Golds?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I've seen your other thread and understand better why you ask. Assuming your Gold is working OK I think the current placement of the Gold is the problem. If the speaker sits in a spot that has a big null in the bass area you'll experience what you describe. Even in a very big room a single Phantom should produce reasonable amounts of bass. Maybe not 'enough', but at least a fair amount.
You can do two things: take a room measurement with REW (Room Eq Wizard) to see the amplitude response and/or move the Gold about till you find a placement where it sounds more to your liking.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB