Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom speaker web server
Has anyone checked - does the Dialog on DOS2 have a web page? Anything there?
(05-Dec-2019, 10:34)kmjy Wrote:
(05-Dec-2019, 10:31)struts Wrote:
(05-Dec-2019, 10:09)kmjy Wrote: I’m not sure why they don’t advertise this access utility but it is great. Thanks for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wifi & Ethernet Network settings?  Manual DOS update?  Just imagine the trouble people could get themselves into!  This could be a support nightmare for them, not at all surprised they don't advertise.  No, the app is clearly the supported way of managing the Phantoms and I would imagine any direct web access (unless directed by support) is absolutely unsupported and "at your own risk".

I don’t think people are dumb. You can’t do a manual DOS update without a DOS file which Devialet DO NOT provide.

Any settings changed can be reverted by holding the power button for a factory reset.

There is no risk here. This is a user friendly interface and care has been taken in it’s simplicity and stylistic design.

You're right @kmjy, this is a polished interface that is clearly prepared with a view to being used by end users (even if Devialet isn't promoting it).  Should have checked it before jumping to conclusions (I was travelling - lame excuse).

As to people being dumb, well, it's probably a prudent strategy to design for the dumbest.  Like the old saying "you make something idiot proof and they just go and invent a better idiot".
(06-Dec-2019, 12:52)struts Wrote:
(05-Dec-2019, 10:34)kmjy Wrote:
(05-Dec-2019, 10:31)struts Wrote: Wifi & Ethernet Network settings?  Manual DOS update?  Just imagine the trouble people could get themselves into!  This could be a support nightmare for them, not at all surprised they don't advertise.  No, the app is clearly the supported way of managing the Phantoms and I would imagine any direct web access (unless directed by support) is absolutely unsupported and "at your own risk".

I don’t think people are dumb. You can’t do a manual DOS update without a DOS file which Devialet DO NOT provide.

Any settings changed can be reverted by holding the power button for a factory reset.

There is no risk here. This is a user friendly interface and care has been taken in it’s simplicity and stylistic design.

You're right @kmjy, this is a polished interface that is clearly prepared with a view to being used by end users (even if Devialet isn't promoting it).  Should have checked it before jumping to conclusions (I was travelling - lame excuse).

As to people being dumb, well, it's probably a prudent strategy to design for the dumbest.  Like the old saying "you make something idiot proof and they just go and invent a better idiot".

Hahaha! That’s a good quote! Very true!
I didn’t realise you hadn’t looked at it, sorry about that!

Devialet Phantom (White)
(05-Dec-2019, 20:12)DesertEagleAZ Wrote:
(05-Dec-2019, 19:12)massi.rav Wrote:
(05-Dec-2019, 10:03)mvrlondon Wrote: Use a browser to go to the ip address of the speaker.

how do you do that? I mean where do you get the IP address?

Usually you would go to the config page of your router in a browser and look for the devices connected. For each device you'll see an IP address. Find your Phantom by name or a mix of name and serial and put in the IP into your browser address field. 192.168.0.1, 192.168.178.1 or 10.0.0.1 are very common IP addresses for your router. On macOS you can hold "opt" and click the WiFi symbol in your menu bar to see the router address and additional network information. There should be similar functionality on Windows and it's also possible on Android and iOS.

Thanks mate
(06-Dec-2019, 01:21)booshtukka Wrote:
(05-Dec-2019, 10:46)gvdaa69 Wrote: Also I can adjust the balance, setting one on 100 and the other on 85 for instance!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N975F met Tapatalk

I think that sets a limit to the volume. I don’t think it turns the speaker down relatively, which you would need to use this setting for balance.
It works fine for me

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N975F met Tapatalk
Apologies for sneaking into a Phantom thread, but I notice that this works on the Expert Pro too.  OK, when I say "works", I am not sure if it actually does anything, but you can at least connect and get the screen below:

Is this the same screen and options you get with a Phantom? I presume not?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Yes, pretty much identical:

I've just migrate to dos2 for my 2 gold phantom. At the beginning I had only one Gold phantom and made the configuration and using Spark App in stereo mix.
Two week later I've bought a new Gold and try to do the configuration the same way as stereo mix with Spark App ; without any success ; so I've thought that my newer
Gold was already Dos2 enabled.
So I decided to try to migrate to dos 2 and do a stereo pairing.
My two Gold setup appear in the Devialet App and decided to continue the setup; after selecting the stereo pair Left/Right and location ; the app said that my left Gold phantom 
(the older one previously setup in Spark) need update. After the update and some confirming sounds my pair was ready to listen my playlist from my external Tidal App!
The next morning in standby mode ,I was surprise to notice, by touching both Phantom rear end ; that the left one (older one) was warmer than the right one (nearly no eat detectable).
I went into the Devialet App and select the left icon to hear the clicking confirming the selected Gold Phantom did the same with the right one and the clicking sound was a bit louder on the left phantom ...bizarre.
Checking into the Devialet App I noticed that the left Phantom (the one warmer) was running on 2.8.5 but my newer one (right/colder) was running on 2.8.0
Try to reset everything and restart the setup but the devialet App said  that my update are ok ; no need to update ; Why two Gold Phantom not running the same update version?
Also running a wifi sniffer test on my router show this designation:  Phantom M37P000874U06  192.168.12.232 Gemicon Technology,inc. (older one) and my new one: GoldPhantom M30P002754U10 192.168.12.243 Liteon Technology Corporation ! 
Why Phantom vs Gold Phantom designation and the WIFI technology are not the same ; is that why one Phantom drain more energy because it does not use the same wifi technology??
Could I get sound imbalance in stereo pair because my two speakers are not made alike with the same wifi circuitry ?

Could anyone help me ??
I have very new gold phantoms and they both run on v2.8.5 so i might consider contacting support if i were you.

As for the network signature its depends on what chipset they are using and should not matter if the specs are the same. It is rather normal when it comes to electronics and since Devialet never say anything about pairing requirements i dont think you can get sound imbalance just because they are not made at the same time period

(17-Dec-2019, 05:06)rogmay Wrote: I've just migrate to dos2 for my 2 gold phantom. At the beginning I had only one Gold phantom and made the configuration and using Spark App in stereo mix.
Two week later I've bought a new Gold and try to do the configuration the same way as stereo mix with Spark App ; without any success ; so I've thought that my newer
Gold was already Dos2 enabled.
So I decided to try to migrate to dos 2 and do a stereo pairing.
My two Gold setup appear in the Devialet App and decided to continue the setup; after selecting the stereo pair Left/Right and location ; the app said that my left Gold phantom 
(the older one previously setup in Spark) need update. After the update and some confirming sounds my pair was ready to listen my playlist from my external Tidal App!
The next morning in standby mode ,I was surprise to notice, by touching both Phantom rear end ; that the left one (older one) was warmer than the right one (nearly no eat detectable).
I went into the Devialet App and select the left icon to hear the clicking confirming the selected Gold Phantom did the same with the right one and the clicking sound was a bit louder on the left phantom ...bizarre.
Checking into the Devialet App I noticed that the left Phantom (the one warmer) was running on 2.8.5 but my newer one (right/colder) was running on 2.8.0
Try to reset everything and restart the setup but the devialet App said  that my update are ok ; no need to update ; Why two Gold Phantom not running the same update version?
Also running a wifi sniffer test on my router show this designation:  Phantom M37P000874U06  192.168.12.232 Gemicon Technology,inc. (older one) and my new one: GoldPhantom M30P002754U10 192.168.12.243 Liteon Technology Corporation ! 
Why Phantom vs Gold Phantom designation and the WIFI technology are not the same ; is that why one Phantom drain more energy because it does not use the same wifi technology??
Could I get sound imbalance in stereo pair because my two speakers are not made alike with the same wifi circuitry ?

Could anyone help me ??

Hi @rogmay,

Your serial numbers indicate that both were made this year only a few weeks apart and that your left speaker, the one you refer to as the "older" one, is actually the newer of the two (that is the one running 2.8.5 iiuc). So although they are clearly from different production runs and seem to be using wifi chipsets from different manufacturers this fails to explain both the difference in behaviour and the discrepancy in firmware versions. I suspect that the firmware update on your right hand unit has failed for reasons unknown and that it is actually the difference in firmware that is the cause of the differing behaviour and not any minor differences in hardware. Could you try splitting the stereo pair in the app and reconfiguring with the 2.8.0 speaker as the left-hand speaker, then seeing if it wants to update firmware?  Apparently the Left is the "master" of a stereo pair.

Also, like you I think it is a little bit strange that one speaker is reporting itself as a Gold but not the other. Could just be human error but just to check could you http into each of your Phantoms (just enter the IP addresses one at a time in your browser address bar and press return) and check the "about" info?  What does each speaker report for "model" and "version"?