Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom speaker web server
I will try your advice and reconfiguring with opposite Left to Right and post back my result. But some questions unanswered : does there always a master speaker that control the other one?
Is that why that the standby power drain more on one side (in my case Left); the left Phantom drain 3 times more power than my right one!! ( Is this because the Left is the master and the Right the Slave or it is the different WIFI chipset ?
Also how did you find their made year and week? Where should I go to check this myself?

I will also check in the browser for the Gold and non-Gold name ; because on Devialet App it shown both as Gold Phantom and the physically tag on the speaker ; Left one PHANTOM (MX207) ; right one the same white tag (sticker) but only the serial M30***** and a QR code !

Is it normal ; when I unplug the left one and replug it I loose my airplay and it take long time to get it back to play ?

Thanks

You answered my questions faster the the Devialet (we love you customer !!) care !! I've sent two inquiries two weeks ago ; no answers yet !!! They wrote 24-48hrs reply !!!
I will try your advice and reconfiguring with opposite Left to Right and post back my result. But some questions unanswered : does there always a master speaker that control the other one?
Is that why that the standby power drain more on one side (in my case Left); the left Phantom drain 3 times more power than my right one!! ( Is this because the Left is the master and the Right the Slave or it is the different WIFI chipset ?
Also how did you find their made year and week? Where should I go to check this myself?

I will also check in the browser for the Gold and non-Gold name ; because on Devialet App it shown both as Gold Phantom and the physically tag on the speaker ; Left one PHANTOM (MX207) ; right one the same white tag (sticker) but only the serial M30***** and a QR code !

Is it normal ; when I unplug the left one and replug it I loose my airplay and it take long time to get it back to play ?

Thanks

You answered my questions faster the the Devialet (we love you customer !!) care !! I've sent two inquiries two weeks ago ; no answers yet !!! They wrote 24-48hrs reply !!!
I've just split my stereo Phantom pair with opposite designation Left /Right but nothing change my newer Left one M30**** stay at 2.8.0 and Devialet App does not ask me for an upgrade to 2.8.5 !!! And there is no other way to force an upgrade?
You said that my previous Left seem to be the master so now I've changed side I will check if I notice an increase of standby drain temperature after switching side!
Thanks
Nothing changed, I factory reset both Gold Phantom ; one stay at 2.8.0 and the other at 2.8.5 !!
The Devialet app on my iPhone show both version on each Gold Phantom and said no update !
When I select my Living room (Phantom Duo) through the App ; I saw the bottom line indicating the sources option ; spotify/airplay/upnp/web radios
But now my Airplay does not work anymore!!
When I open TIDAL and select Airplay I do not see the LivingRoom Phantom as a choice...dissapear... Someone have a cue (or cure) to fix this?
I have so many problems with wireless system, it is difficult to troubleshoot ; is it my phone/software/hardware/ ????

Thanks
(20-Dec-2019, 16:54)rogmay Wrote: I've just split my stereo Phantom pair with opposite designation Left /Right but nothing change my newer Left one  M30**** stay at 2.8.0 and Devialet App does not ask me for an upgrade to 2.8.5 !!! And there is no other way to force an upgrade?
You said that my previous Left seem to be the master so now I've changed side I will check if I notice an increase of standby drain temperature after switching side!
Thanks

Hi @rogmay

Sorry that didn't work for you.  As I have understood it in a DOS 2 Dialog-free scenario the left-hand speaker is the "master" in a stereo pair inasmuch as non-hardwired inputs connect through that speaker which splits the stereo signal and sends the R channel to the other speaker.  For instance, if you have only one Phantom that is AirPlay compatible it must be configured as the left speaker in a stereo pair. However the fact that the pair is not visible as an AirPlay endpoint with M30 configured as the left speaker tells me that the firmware is likely the culprit here as both your Phantoms are so recent that they should both contain the MFi chip and be AirPlay compatible.

It was pure speculation on my part that this might influence the way a stereo pair senses the need for and downloads upgrades, however based on your tests this seems not to be the case. Unfortunately you can't force a firmware upgrade but Devialet support can so I am afraid you will just have to wait for Devialet to respond to your ticket.  Did you raise the ticket through the mobile app?  If not I would suggest you do so.  Folks here are reporting rapid responses tickets raised that way.

By the way, did you http in to your Phantoms?  What do they show as model and version?
here my http info for my two phantom:
(24-Dec-2019, 04:58)rogmay Wrote: here my http info for my two phantom:

Missing the actual info..
I do not know how to send pictures of my two Gold Phantom web browser screenshot through this site Reply form?

Also , still waiting to Devialet for a force upgrade of my right speaker stuck at 2.8.0 software version; but after a couple of reset ... airplay is back to work !
But I do not know how I could use the optical input of my left phantom ; that way I could use my optical out of my DAC to feed my Phantom? Does the optical input
support hi-res format to max out the internal DAC of the Phantom 24 Bit /192 kHz so I will get a better resolution than the airplay CD Quality 16/44 ?

Thanks
(02-Jan-2020, 04:57)rogmay Wrote: I do not know how to send pictures of my two Gold Phantom web browser screenshot through this site Reply form?

Under the box where you type your reply you will see a box called Attachments.  Select the screen shot with Choose Files button and then click "Add Attachment" to upload it.
(02-Jan-2020, 13:12)struts Wrote:
(02-Jan-2020, 04:57)rogmay Wrote: I do not know how to send pictures of my two Gold Phantom web browser screenshot through this site Reply form?

Under the box where you type your reply you will see a box called Attachments.  Select the screen shot with Choose Files button and then click "Add Attachment" to upload it.
Check the link for the web browser info? Also would you please answer my question about how to select optical input in DOS2 environnemement (Whitout Dialog) and what will be the highest resolution using this input?
Could I use the Ethernet RJ45 to send audio too ? What protocol? How could I select a specifed 5 ghz wifi chanel for my set of phantom?
Devialet does not provide any further technical infos about  their product?