Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms in the Ice Cream Shop!
(21-Nov-2018, 23:13)AudioMan Wrote: Things have been extremely busy since the opening of the store but I wanted to let everyone know we got everything working for the most part over the ethernet runs. However, we're experiencing consistent disconnects where the music suddenly stops. I am using Spotify connect to control my playlist. When I notice the music stops, I open Spotify and find that it has disconnected from the device and will no longer see it until I open the Spark app. Once I successfully open the Spark app, Spotify can the recognize/find my device which I then reconnect and play for however long it will let me before suddenly stopping again. At that point, I have to go through this whole process again while my guests are subject to a sub-par stop and go music experience. The Dialog is on its own separate network (not exactly sure how my IT guy configured it), all I know is I have my Primary network, a Guest network, and a Devailet network which the dialog is on. I'm not sure where the problem lies as my other networks seem to be fine consistently supporting my POS, computers, etc. I have performed a couple reboots (unplug for 10 sec and plug back in) on the Dialog which seem to help temporarily. Any ideas??

Mounted and ready:
http://gdurl.com/BJuH

Sounds like the issue you are having is a Dialog problem. Dialog not close enough, distance wise, to your speakers. Or objects in between the signal from Dialog to speakers. I had my Dialog in the same cabinet as my router and it would not work unless the cabinet door was open so the units would "visually" see each other.
(22-Nov-2018, 12:47)Deezel Wrote: From what I've read, f.ex https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcome...-p/4473533  (and experience myself... have two golds + dialog), it seem more likely to be a problem with Spotify than with the Phantoms.

If it is the SpotifyConnect version on the phantoms/dialog or if it is on the Spotify servers side (or both...) I have no idea, I find it very annoying as well =(
Thanks for the input. I placed my focus on Spotify and believe I have solved the issue by leaving a dedicated laptop in the office to manage Spotify vs using our cell phones. So far, this surely has improved things, but have yet to confirm it has completely resolved the issue. 

(23-Nov-2018, 09:18)andreas Wrote:
(21-Nov-2018, 23:13)AudioMan Wrote: Things have been extremely busy since the opening of the store but I wanted to let everyone know we got everything working for the most part over the ethernet runs. However, we're experiencing consistent disconnects where the music suddenly stops. I am using Spotify connect to control my playlist. When I notice the music stops, I open Spotify and find that it has disconnected from the device and will no longer see it until I open the Spark app. Once I successfully open the Spark app, Spotify can the recognize/find my device which I then reconnect and play for however long it will let me before suddenly stopping again. At that point, I have to go through this whole process again while my guests are subject to a sub-par stop and go music experience. The Dialog is on its own separate network (not exactly sure how my IT guy configured it), all I know is I have my Primary network, a Guest network, and a Devailet network which the dialog is on. I'm not sure where the problem lies as my other networks seem to be fine consistently supporting my POS, computers, etc. I have performed a couple reboots (unplug for 10 sec and plug back in) on the Dialog which seem to help temporarily. Any ideas??

Mounted and ready:

Sounds like the issue you are having is a Dialog problem. Dialog not close enough, distance wise, to your speakers. Or objects in between the signal from Dialog to speakers. I had my Dialog in the same cabinet as my router and it would not work unless the cabinet door was open so the units would "visually" see each other.
The thing is, the system worked flawlessly for a period of time (maybe 2 weeks?) and now the issue has come about without any changes (placement of Dialog, Phantoms, etc.), so I don't think it would be a distance issue but possibly an interference issue (cabinet or other objects). I'll play around with placement to see if that further improves anything though.
(27-Nov-2018, 17:30)AudioMan Wrote:
(22-Nov-2018, 12:47)Deezel Wrote: From what I've read, f.ex https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcome...-p/4473533  (and experience myself... have two golds + dialog), it seem more likely to be a problem with Spotify than with the Phantoms.

If it is the SpotifyConnect version on the phantoms/dialog or if it is on the Spotify servers side (or both...) I have no idea, I find it very annoying as well =(

Thanks for the input. I placed my focus on Spotify and believe I have solved the issue by leaving a dedicated laptop in the office to manage Spotify vs using our cell phones. So far, this surely has improved things, but have yet to confirm it has completely resolved the issue. 

If I instead play via the TV (or other device) that's connected to one of the Phantoms via Optical, I never have this happen - only when I use SpotifyConnect. Feels very unnecessary to have the TV going though. You seem to have gone with laptop instead.

Maybe one should have a look into how spotifyconnect works in regards to updated protocol etc.
(27-Nov-2018, 17:30)AudioMan Wrote:

(23-Nov-2018, 09:18)andreas Wrote:

Mounted and ready:

The thing is, the system worked flawlessly for a period of time (maybe 2 weeks?) and now the issue has come about without any changes (placement of Dialog, Phantoms, etc.), so I don't think it would be a distance issue but possibly an interference issue (cabinet or other objects). I'll play around with placement to see if that further improves anything though.

Not sure what type of access point/router you are using, are they designed to handle high(er) number of concurrent users? I have heard some people need to reboot their routers every once in a while in a small business setting, like how we reboot our computers every once in a while, so it doesn't freeze or crash. Perhaps you can do this routinely on a weekly basis.