Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Devialet Expert 660 Pro
(07-Jul-2018, 19:11)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(07-Jul-2018, 14:16)rafal123 Wrote: Do you know if Expert 1000 Pro can be installed on the wall using the Devialet plexiglass wall mount? The mount manual says 120/200 on it. Is there a separate hardware to hang the 1000?

Yes, I’m using one. The spacing is different so I had to swap mine when I upgraded from 200 to 250.
The only reservation I had was the pegs that hook onto the Devialet are really close to the edge of the Perspex frame on the 250 model, and the unit is significantly heavier. I was so nervous about it (the pro had only just come out) I emailed Deviaket to check it could take the weight with the new base. They confirmed it’s ok but I still paused before I hung it back again after the CI upgrade. It just looks ‘wrong’. Anyway it’s been over a year and hasn’t fallen off!

Thanks a lot. One more question. Did you have to drill new holes for the 250 mount or it went straight into the same holes you had for 200?

By the way, do you enjoy the upgrade? I am thinking about the same and not sure if the difference is big enough.
Devialet 1000s, Belcanto 600Ms, Vivid Audio Giya G3, C1, V1w and sub, Trinnov AL16, QNAP TVS-471 NAS, Oppo 203, Siltech, Crystal Cable, Synergistic Research
(07-Jul-2018, 21:53)rafal123 Wrote:
(07-Jul-2018, 19:11)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(07-Jul-2018, 14:16)rafal123 Wrote: Do you know if Expert 1000 Pro can be installed on the wall using the Devialet plexiglass wall mount? The mount manual says 120/200 on it. Is there a separate hardware to hang the 1000?

Yes, I’m using one. The spacing is different so I had to swap mine when I upgraded from 200 to 250.
The only reservation I had was the pegs that hook onto the Devialet are really close to the edge of the Perspex frame on the 250 model, and the unit is significantly heavier. I was so nervous about it (the pro had only just come out) I emailed Deviaket to check it could take the weight with the new base. They confirmed it’s ok but I still paused before I hung it back again after the CI upgrade. It just looks ‘wrong’. Anyway it’s been over a year and hasn’t fallen off!

Thanks a lot. One more question. Did you have to drill new holes for the 250 mount or it went straight into the same holes you had for 200?

By the way, do you enjoy the upgrade? I am thinking about the same and not sure if the difference is big enough.

I moved mine up a few inches so had to drill new holes anyway so apologies but from memory I’m not sure if they lined up. I have an incling they did.

Well I went to 250pro in one hit and definitely felt it was quite a bit better, but since I didn’t have the reference of a 220pro I couldn’t say What was the pro and what was the 250. Piecing together posts over the years I’d say much of it is the pro. I’ll probably never know, but theoreticaly the 250 should be at least equal or better.

I don’t want two boxes, but before I move from Devialet I want to try the 1000 Pro just to see what the difference is. That’s the main reason for having a 250 after all.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

but before I move from Devialet I want to try the 1000 Pro
[/quote]

Maybe I didn’t get it right but did moved away from Devialet or the upgrade to 1000 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am upgrading to 1000 Pro and will have to part ways with my 440 Pro and 220 Pro Companion (both on the way to Paris for CI upgrade). 

Do you have good ideas on where to post them?
Devialet 1000s, Belcanto 600Ms, Vivid Audio Giya G3, C1, V1w and sub, Trinnov AL16, QNAP TVS-471 NAS, Oppo 203, Siltech, Crystal Cable, Synergistic Research
Where are you located? You can always start posting here first. In US you can post to Audiogon, usaudiomart etc. Make sure you post on a site where it can be seen on hifishark.com. Are you getting another 250pro for your center channel?
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
Thanks for advice, I posted it here. Yes, will try to get 250 for the center.