Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plug & PRAY Set-up.... & First Impression
(20-Feb-2016, 15:27)Extra Gravity Wrote:
(20-Feb-2016, 12:35)McChicken Wrote: Quick Post...connected my Tweaked Sonos (G-Sonos) to the Dialog ...and NOW I get (most) of the bass I'm looking for
Will tell more when I have a chance.
Ah that's intetesting... So its not your night mode switch activated then....
How much 'tweaking' have you done in Sonos?? Is there a lot of bass added?

Hi,
I have not done the tweaking of the Sonos myself ...I have been lucky to buy something called G-Sonos from Dr Gerrit Volks in Germany. The G-Sonos concentrates on providing a high quality 16/44.1 output, with as low jitter as possible. No upsampling is done, unlike with the W4S approach. Some argue that this results in a more natural sounding musical presentation but I can't verify this from personal experience as I have not listened to other Sonos modifications.

I have other Sonos connect in my house and I will try one of those as well, as I'm not sure that the G-sonos can make a huge difference to a standard Sonos connect when using Spotify Low-res songs as I'm doing now, so stay put and don't try to get hold of a modified Sonos...it could even be the case that the G-sonos is not as "pure" as the Phantoms Spotify Connect...but I do prefer the G-Sonos sound over Phantoms direct.
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
Thanks for info. For sub I have also 2x JL E-112 with dspeaker dual core, and it is little improvment, hehe.
any new impressions against gallo ref 3.5?
(03-Mar-2016, 19:48)dr.sah Wrote: any new impressions against gallo ref 3.5?

I do have some opinions but I'm right now on a trip will write something when getting back both positive and negative
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.