Poll: How do you like the sound quality of your Pro (newly upgraded from expert)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
60.47%
78 60.47%
Yes, with caveats
6.20%
8 6.20%
No!
0.78%
1 0.78%
No, with caveats
0.78%
1 0.78%
N/A. I upgraded for reasons other than sound quality.
0.78%
1 0.78%
I did not upgrade and don't plan to
31.01%
40 31.01%
Total 129 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Do you like the sound quality of the Expert Pro upgrade?
For those that have already received their Experts, upgraded to Pro specs, back:

Do you like the sound quality of the Expert Pro upgrade?

Feel free to add comments or elaborate on your choice below of course! Smile A thread containing many listening impressions/user reviews of the Pro can be found here as well: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3146
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Without any hesitation. As buying the new Stones album "Blue & Lonesome" bought today and digitalised from Clearaudio to 192kHz 24bits Devialet. Strange: analog sounds still so much better then HD tracks.... As the PRO series does compared to the original. Is it worth the money? "Just your fool"....
Tonight listening to Madeleine Peyroux live in Amsterdam. Sure, not as good as on the Quads but oké...... When you have the money, buy PRO. A new one; the dealer will earn more money with it.....
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

Yes.

With slight caveats.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(02-Dec-2016, 23:06)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Yes.

With slight caveats.

Being?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I'm very pleased that I decided to upgrade to 440 Pro. There are improvements right across the board, and for me, possibly the best is low level performance. Sometimes I don't want the wick turned right up, at night or when we have guests. At low volumes the bass and treble are not diminished and the soundstage doesn't collapse in on itself, which was one of the main bugbears with my 400. So I have voted yes, with no caveats.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I am very happy with the upgrade, in all respects -- especially the service provided by Oxford Audio Consultants, to give them a bit of a plug. However I can understand why anyone whose system was already in danger of sounding a bit "edgy" might find the sound of the Pros pushes it too far in that direction.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(02-Dec-2016, 23:36)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(02-Dec-2016, 23:06)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Yes.

With slight caveats.

Being?

I put them in the main listening thread. No time to type now. Blush

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(03-Dec-2016, 10:06)thumb5 Wrote: I am very happy with the upgrade, in all respects -- especially the service provided by Oxford Audio Consultants, to give them a bit of a plug.  However I can understand why anyone whose system was already in danger of sounding a bit "edgy" might find the sound of the Pros pushes it too far in that direction.

An interesting comment!  I have just finished trying my system with and without the UptoneAudio LPS-1 powering the microRendu.  One way I could describe the influence of the LPS-1 is removing 'edginess'.  Not removing detail, far from it, but removing something that is just very slightly disconcerting.  I recall auditioning the 1000 Pro with the Aurender N10 at Oxford audio, this was a superb combination.  I like the Aurender very much, and I would say this is one source component that excels in lacking what you might call 'edginess'.   I am actually beginning to think that one aspect of the Pro is that even more than the Expert, it benefits for a decent source.

Edit: I would also like to add that the service I received from Oxford Audio was also absolutely first class. It's worth mentioning I think, as there have been one or two posts recently from folk who have received shockingly bad service from their dealers. Clearly not all dealers are the same.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Got my 220 pro from France today and i must say it Sound Wery Well
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(03-Dec-2016, 01:16)Axel Wrote: I'm very pleased that I decided to upgrade to 440 Pro. There are improvements right across the board, and for me, possibly the best is low level performance. Sometimes I don't want the wick turned right up, at night or when we have guests. At low volumes the bass and treble are not diminished and the soundstage doesn't collapse in on itself, which was one of the main bugbears with my 400. So I have voted yes, with no caveats.

Ditto on everything Axel said....

Also bass quality seems even better, especially at low levels.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US